A compliance officer is responsible for making sure a business is following outside regulatory requirements for its financial and organizational activities along with internal company policies. Compliance officers create and revise a company’s internal policies to mitigate the possibility of inadvertently breaking laws and regulations.
Key roles and responsibilities:
Facilitate and assist in ensuring full compliance with:
- Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) regulations and guidelines
- Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC) requirements there laws and regulations that may affect the business from time to time.
- BDO Global policies and procedures
Some of the responsibilities related to BDO Global policies and procedures will include but not limited to:
- Facilitate and assist in ensuring full compliance with the various policies across the firm.
- Verify and ensure that the data captured on the Client Relation Management database for both new and existing clients’ on boarding is accurate and complete.
- Perform pre-verification on the new and existing client to assess reputation risk, etc. if anything untoward this is reported to engagement partner and Risk Management Partner.
- Review on boarding information to ensure that the information distributed via Conflict-of-Interest email is correct.
- Pro-actively assist in resolving queries.
- Ensure that the international conflict of interest is on-boarded onto BDO Conflict of Interest tools promptly.
- Ensure timely responses to and from international conflict of interest on BDO Conflict of Interest tools.
- Ensure timely distribution of Inbound Conflict of Interest information and collation of responses to Global.
- Assisting teams with training and other queries that arise daily.
Other roles will also include:
- Secretary of the Risk Management Committee.
- Performance of internal risk and quality compliance audits.
- Facilitate and coordinate Risk Management and Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC) training.
- Reporting directly to the Risk Management Partner.
Qualification & Skills Required:
- Must be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in a Business related field.
- A relevant master’s degree or CA Zambia or Full ACCA qualification, plus at least 3 years working experience in an auditing and accounting firm will be an added advantage.
- Must be a self-motivated individual, with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must have a good understanding of the compliance framework and must easily adapt to a rapidly changing compliance environment.
- Must have good presentation, communication and report writing skills.
NOTE: APPLICANT SHOULD BE ZICA MEMBERS.
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to this email below: