DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech is seeking a local Administrative Assistant to support the USAID-funded Education Data activity in Lusaka, Zambia. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the daily administrative tasks for the Zambia office by providing secretarial support, administrative, and logistical assistance to support the implementation and activities of the Zambia office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining accurate, up-to-date supply records for resources, stationary, and consumables, including managing and anticipating requests for replenishments
- Manage physical and electronic records, including Microsoft SharePoint accessibility
- Digitizing and verifying electronic copies of project records and bookkeeping
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager and Logistics Coordinator to execute resource and service procurements as requested
- Record, track, and organize all invoices, receipts, local purchase orders, and documents
- Compile and maintain database on preferred hotels, contact numbers, and feedback from project staff
- Draft, arrange, prepare, and store meeting minutes and actionable follow ups for staff members
- Photocopy, scan, and print documents and reports for staff
- Facilitate travel requests and logistical preparations for local and international travel, including airport pick-ups and hotel reservations
- Assist in staff scheduling, including staff holiday schedules for awareness
- Greet and tend to office visitors
- Respond to inquiries on the central office phone and record additional information as needed
- Ensure all office records and supplies maintain a high-level of organization
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager and Logistics Coordinator to execute resource and service procurements
- Other administrative, logistical, and secretarial duties as assigned
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent years of education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Must be able to use and navigate the Internet, Samsung tablets, cell phones, and multi-purpose printer/copier/scanner machines
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to meet internal deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to clarify or seek help from staff if needed
- Ability to read and write in English at a professional level and at least one of the seven Zambian languages
- Ability to read and write in Cinyanja
- Proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint
NOTE : This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit internationalcareers-devtechsys.icims.com .