2 Procurement Officers
Jobs at:Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
2 Procurement Officers
The Mission of the Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited is to provide quality water and sanitation services to customers in Lusaka Province in a commercially and environmentally sustainable manner. In order to achieve this, the Company must ensure that staff with the right knowledge, skills and abilities are available as required. LWSC now seeks to recruit one dynamic and energetic persons who are performance driven, and invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the underlisted vacant positions, on permanent and pensionable basis.
A Job purpose
The job holder will be reporting to the Manager Procurement and Supplies and will be responsible for undertaking efficient cost effective and procurement of goods, services in order to maintain regular supply of goods and services that will support the company business.
B Key Responsibilities
• Procure timely required goods, works and services in accordance with the Public Procurement Act of 2008 and the Public Procurement Regulations, 2011.
• Edit Purchase Requisitions and confer with user departments regarding requirements, specifications, quantity, quality and timely delivery.
• Engage in procurement planning with user departments. Routinely meet and communicate with user departments in order to identify and provide high quality service to meet user department service delivery requirements on a timely basis.
• Disseminates tender materials to prospective bidders that express interest in supplying goods or services as assigned by the supervisor.
• Surveys the market for prices and delivery conditions and recommends suppliers for evaluation and registration as approved suppliers. Maintains a database of approved suppliers.
• Perform contract administration, including liaison between suppliers and user departments in compliance with contract terms and conditions.
• Provide secretarial services during evaluation sitting and provide technical advice during the sitting as well as manage the procurement process.
Qualifications and Experience
• School Certificate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply or Any Degree plus CIPS.
• Three (3) years’ experience.
• Member of the Zambia institute of Purchasing and Supply.
LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, females will be given preferential consideration.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications together with copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and three (3) names of referees should reach the undersigned or e-mailed to [email protected] not later than 20th May, 2022.
Director Human Resources and Administration
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company limited,
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road,
P.O BOX 50198