We are looking for a Zambian accountant (Zambian National) – ideally a ZICA Chartered Accountant – with a minimum of a Bachelor of Commerce degree, for our Zambian Head Office in Kitwe, Zambia, to fill this position.
The incumbent needs to:
- ideally have worked in a management capacity at the level of Financial Manager for at least three years;
- ideally be conversant with Sage Evolution and Microsoft Office;
- have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or related field 5 – 7 years of relevant experience;
- be fluent in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- be detail-oriented and analytical;
- be a self-starter with similar work experience to the duties below;
- be able to work unsupervised; and
- meet all deadlines
- conversant with the Zambian tax laws and statutory requirements.
Work duties will be:
- assisting the MD with the management of cash flow for the company;
- assisting the MD with the management of the financial well-being of the company;
- guiding the company through all legislative issues, specifically the tax laws;
- handing ALL aspects of accounting including purchase order entry, sales order entry, payroll processing, fixed asset register maintenance, inventory and all related transactions;
- taking full responsibility for the general ledger, including reconciling all required general ledger accounts each month;
- timeously ensuring comprehensive and accurate management reporting;
- managing two staff members in their daily functions;
- ensuring adherence to all corporate rules, regulations, policies and procedures; and
- handling accurate year end reporting and all required returns.
Incumbents need to advise their salary expectations.
To apply for this job please visit http://www.linkedin.com .