- Company: Precision Recruitment International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Our client is looking for a Warehouse Assistant who will be responsible for the warehousing functions of receiving, put away, picking, packing and shipment of materials in fulfilment of sales and replenishment orders. The position is responsible for material movement and using material handling equipment. Inventory control is maintained by following instructions and procedures.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Utilizes ERP system to perform inquiries on transactional history, where used and planned inventory movement in support of inventory reconciliation, receipt, transfer and shipment.
- Unloads and loads trucks and containers, using material handling equipment
- Picks work orders, sales orders or requests for parts and material using material handling equipment and stages the material for packing and shipment. The material is then loaded for shipment to customers.
- Stocks items on assigned racks, shelves or bins pending verification of stocking documentation. Reports inventory variances related to stocking transactions.
- Unpacks, checks quantity and condition of incoming parts and materials.
- Assists in investigating, resolving, and coordinating shipping and receiving discrepancies.
- Ensure that received goods corresponds to the ordered ones
- Performs cycle counts and assists in reconciliation
- Promotes communication and cooperation for the greater good of the company and the customers.
- Meets the needs of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates honesty, fairness and trustworthiness. Follows through on commitments and admits to mistakes
Job Skills: Applies the required knowledge, skills and abilities in the performance of essential job duties:
- Ability to operate material handling equipment
- Knowledge of fundamentals of material movement and the associated procedural controls
- Ability to perform in team environment
- Knowledge and ability to navigate through the appropriate applications, i.e. MS Office and
- Ability to analyse data and reports to support decision making
- Knowledge of safety regulations and good housekeeping practices.
- Ability to read and interpret the company’s rules and regulations, company safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and customer sales orders.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals and compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Communication: Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly; using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying information.
- Initiative : Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibility
- Sharing Knowledge: Communicates the knowledge gained from education and experience to others in the organization who may benefit
- Dependability: Can be relied upon to handle a fair workload, meet deadlines and commitments and accept responsibility for actions. Demonstrates an ability to work independently.
- Quality of work: Produces accurate work, takes initiative, takes steps to correct mistakes and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
- Status Reports: Keeps manager, and if appropriate, other informed of progress and obstacles in a proactive
- Education and Self Development: Identifies personal strength and weaknesses and targets areas for self Participates in educational opportunities and works toward developing new skills or enhancing existing skills, accepts new responsibilities and adapts to changes in procedures.
- Integrity: Demonstrates honesty, fairness and trustworthiness. Follows through on commitments and admits to mistakes.
Education and Experience:
- Certificate in Purchasing and Supply or any other related field with one (1) year of experience