Industrial Development Corporation
Expression of Interest
Invitation for Expression of Interest to Engage Service Providers for Transportation and Warehousing Services On One Year Running Contract for Zambia Fruit Company On Behalf of Eastern Tropical Fruit Company, Kalene Hills Fruit Company and Mununshi Fruit Company - IDC/ZFC/EOI/001/2021
Zambia Fruit Company Limited (ZFC) was incorporated in 2017 to serve as a holding company for IDC's interests in the agro-processing sector. As such, ZFC wholly owns Kalene Hills Fruit Company Limited ("KH') in Mwinilunga District and 70% of Eastern Tropical Fruits ("ETF) in katete District. The project sites are strategically located next to key raw material supply in each respective district.
KH and ETF are both fruit and vegetable processing companies, each with a processing capacity of 3-metric tonnes-per-hour. The two fruit companies will adopt a hybrid technology allowing a single processing line to switch and process a variety of fruits all year round as opposed to the traditional processing lines that are fruit specific, which are in turn constrained to seasonality. The proposed hybrid fruit processing projects will take in local agricultural products ranging from pineapples, mangoes, guavas, oranges, bananas, tomatoes, and groundnuts for purposes of value addition.
Mununshi Fruit Company Limited ("MFCL"), formally known as Mununshi Banana Estate is a 313-ha fruit estate in Mwense District, Luapula Province, Zambia, MFCL is wholly owned by IDC. The initial development of the fruit estate will lean towards banana production into the local and regional markets with mango and other commercially viable fruits to be produced in the subsequent years.
Objective of the Assignment
The overall objective of the service providers is to provide transportation, distribution of fruit products from each respective fruit company to various outlets, sales centres as well as warehousing facilities.
Scope of Service
The selected service providers shall provide vehicles and drivers with requisite experience, qualifications, and other resources required for the transportation services well as warehousing facilities on behalf of ZFC.
Interested and eligible firms must provide information demonstrating amongst others that they have the necessary qualifications, capability, experience, resources, to undertake this assignment,
Eligibility and Requirements
a) Mandatory Criteria
• Certificate of Incorporation/Registration;
• Valid Tax Clearance certificate;
• Firm's certification by relevant professional bodies; and
• Detailed Company Profile.
b) Technical Criteria
• The firm must demonstrate five (5) years of experience in transportation or warehousing (10 marks);
• Proof and description of resources, equipment and facilities that will be used in the assignment (10 marks);
• Demonstrate financial strength by attaching audited accounts for the last three (3) years (10 marks);
• The Company should give evidence of working as a full-time service provider with at least one (1) Government agency/Private sector/Donor agencies. (15 marks);
• The firm must demonstrate experience and capacity to handle crisis situations (10 marks);
• The firm must demonstrate Specific experience related to the Assignment (Some indication of the magnitude, diversity and complexity of assignments undertaken in the recent past four 4 years) (25 marks); T
• he firm must demonstrate that its staff complement has capacity to carry out the assignment for (10 marks);
• The firm's General Organisational Chart to execute the assignments, the Name, Position and Curriculum Vitae of key personnel (10 marks); and
• The Minimum score is 80%. Such information may include brochures, Availability of staff skills, resources, equipment, and facilities to carry out the assignment, References, details of past similar assignments as a Service Provider.
Completed Expression of Interest (EOI) Documents must be submitted in two (2) printed copies (1 original and 1 copy) which should be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes, marked "
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST TO ENGAGE SERVICE PROVIDERS FOR TRANSPORTATION AND WAREHOUSING SERVICES ON ONE YEAR RUNNING CONTRACT FOR ZAMBIA FRUIT COMPANY ON BEHALF OF EASTERN TROPICAL FRUIT COMPANY, KALENE HILLS FRUIT COMPANY AND MUNUNSHI FRUIT COMPANY - IDC/ZFC/EOI/001/2021
" and should be deposited in the tender box provided at the Industrial Development Corporation Limited (IDC) Office, 61 Independence Avenue, Prospect Hill, Lusaka Zambia and be addressed to the Head of Procurement and Supplies, IDC, 61 Independence Avenue, Prospect Hill, Lusaka Zambia by or before
3rd September 2021
at 15.00hrs. The bids will be opened in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend.
NB: Only successful bidders will be invited to submit their proposals.
Head of Procurement and Supplies
Industrial Development Corporation
61 Independence Avenue, Prospect Hill
P.O. Box 37232
TEL: +260 211 843567 / 8 or 0967773007
Email: [email protected] cc: [email protected]