Role Title: Seedcare Technical Field Coordinator
Department or Function : Seedcare
Reports to Role: Seedcare Head, Sub Sahara Africa
Location (Region, Country, Site) : Zambia
Scope (Global, Regional, Country, or Site): Southern Africa Business Area
Reporting Level (Syngenta CEO=1):
Current Job Holder : Replacement
Syngenta – Role Profile (continued)
2. ROLE PURPOSE
Demand creation by doing on-farm demo trials, collecting data and generating “seeing is believing” stories for the key Seedcare customers in Southern African Countries Business Area.
Operate the Seedcare Institute laboratory with small scale seed treatments and visits to processing plants as part of technical support to key Seedcare customers.
- Overall agronomic management of demonstration/trial site from planting to harvest. This includes planting, fertilizer application, weeding, spraying, field scouting and harvesting where applicable according to the set protocol.
- Provide up to date information to the Seedcare team on the crop development at different stages of production.
- Conduct data collection, compilation and reporting to the Seedcare team at the set required time points as provided for in the protocols guide.
- Effective liaison with sales and R&D colleagues, agents and Key Account Manager (by following the correct channel procedure) to ensure proper site selection and site management prior to, during and after the trial/s.
- Responsible for maximizing the purpose of each trial, for example data collection and in field product promotions with relevant parties as agreed with the Seedcare team.
- Stay abreast of market, trade and competitor activity in order to revise strategies and meet changing requirements.
- Support The Seedcare Institute with small scale seed treatments as required.
- Conduct routine visits to production facilities where Syngenta Seedcare products are being used and also collect samples of treated seed to measure the quality of applications (analysis will be done at The Seedcare Institute) and support the facilities with equipment calibrations where required.
- Effectively communicate treatment quality results (through the correct channels of communication) in order to support the Seedcare customers.
- Participate in fault finding related to the application of Syngenta products and give technical support to key Seedcare customers.
- KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Critical experience and skills
- BSc. in Agronomy/ Horticulture or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in agricultural /commercial or field agronomy or data handling
- Computer literate – MS Office
- Excellent reporting and report writing skills
- Effective communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to provide sound technical advice
- Farmer, agent and customer relations, group dynamics and coordination skills are fundamental
- Flexibility and ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
Critical leadership capabilities
- Communicate with impact and confidence
- High integrity
- Team playing
- Results & Performance driven
- Strategic thinking and planning
To apply for this job please visit syngenta.taleo.net .