Sun King Store Executive
Jobs at:Greenlight Planet
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2021
Within Zambia , Copperbelt , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Greenlight Planet Zambia
Who we are
Greenlight Planet designs, distributes, and finances the purchase of solar powered home energy solutions for the world’s 1.3 billion under-electrified consumers. We are market leaders in the distributed off-grid solar industry, and our Sun King™ products have enabled 76 million people around the world to access clean, reliable, solar powered light and energy at home.
Sun King products range from portable solar lamps, to more robust multi-light solar home systems, to solar powered televisions and fans and energy efficient inverter bulbs. Our products drastically improve quality of life for those that lack reliable electricity access: they help extend the number of productive, income generating hours in a day; they enable children to study after dark; they allow families and communities to gather safely to socialize after sunset; and when replacing field based sources of light like kerosene lamps, they reduce exposure to indoor air pollution.
We reach our customers through two distinct business models: a vast network of more than 300 distribution partners across 40 countries, and through our EasyBuy™ Direct sales channel, where we sell directly to consumers in India, Kenya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia through a network of more than 7,000 commission sales agents. Our customers have the option to purchase these products up front or to pay for them through an installment payment plan over a period of 4-18 months through our Sun King EasyBuy™ line, our technology enabled ‘pay-as-you-go’ (PAYG) systems.
Greenlight employs more than 1,500 people in 11 countries across sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. We are passionate about serving off-grid customers, and we are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world.
The team you would join: Sun King EasyBuy Direct Sales Zambia
Greenlight’s pay-as-you-go (PAYG) direct sales channel is building its presence in Zambia, and we are looking for experienced sales leaders to join our team. Our PAYG enabled products allow consumers to pay for their Sun King products over a period of 4-18 months. The inbuilt PAYG technology enables customers to pay for a few days’ or weeks’ worth of energy at a time, and it monitors how far they have progressed towards the completion of their payment plan.
While Greenlight is new to Zambia, we have built successful, fast growing sales organizations in Kenya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Tanzania and Uganda, and we are market leaders in the global PAYG solar industry.
What You Would Be Expected to do:
• Stock Management – Ensuring proper stock management to avoid losses
• Reporting – Prepare and submit regular and ad hoc reports.
• Asset Management: Safeguard company assets to avoid losses, damage and ensure risk aversion in running the shop facilities.
• Store Management: Ensure the shop is presentable with valid trading licenses
• Regulatory Compliance: Track and update the headquarters on any changes in regulation that affect the store operations
• Sales Operations Support: Provide maximum support to the sales team in stock management, sales generation and maintaining best in class relationship with energy officers and team leader in the AHQ.
• Budgeting and Cost Tracking: Ensure all shop expenses are tracked and reported as directed.
Any other tasks that may be assigned to you from time to time
You Might Be a Strong Candidate If You:
• Minimum of a bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized institution.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role – preferably in a customer facing and stock management role.
• Possess customer service skills Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills.
• Strong computer skills – MS Excel skill mandatory.
• Is honest, trustworthy and possesses a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
• Demonstrates sound judgment, excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
• Is results oriented with the ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
What We Offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits):
• An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry;
• The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
• A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
• Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
We place great importance on sustaining a diverse, inclusive work environment.
We believe that diversity (of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, personality type, perspective, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different) enriches innovation and our competitiveness in the market.
We strive to ensure diverse perspectives inform critical decisions, and we actively work towards ensuring all Greenlighters feel like they belong. We also know that sustaining an inclusive workplace requires conscious effort and is a continuous journey, not an end-state.
Greenlight recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals based on experiences and demonstrated job performance, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.
What to expect from us, after you submit your application:
The first step is to apply for the job opening through Greenlight’s career website or by emailing your resume to one of our HR representatives. You can expect an email response within three weeks regarding the status of your application. If you are shortlisted for consideration, we’ll set up a conversion with you to learn more about your interests and background, share more about the job requirements and Greenlight Planet, and to answer any initial questions you may have.