The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Manages the sourcing process for the consumer and enterprise cost of sales (COS) business units (BUs) in compliance with prescribed policies, procedures, directives, budgets and SLAs
- Working with the respective BUs develops and monitors the inventory levels and demand forecasts for the consumer & enterprise products
- Brings procurement and sourcing expertise to Commercial Business Units by providing input on cost, performance, market risk, market availability, quality and reliability of product/ service components required by the business
- Applies negotiating techniques with suppliers, in the procurement of goods, materials and services to ensure highest quality products are purchased for the best Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Develops and maintains an appropriate vendor base in line with prescribed supplier management techniques
- Ensures contracting and contractual agreements administration is undertaken as per policy
- Market research regarding devices and market trends of sales both to customers and distributors
- Manages and undertakes all customs related activities to ensure timely and uninterrupted clearing, forwarding and compliance to audit requirements;
- Develops and effectively implements the company’s procurement strategies that are aligned to the Commercial business units to ensure achievement of the MTN Zambia business objectives
- Disseminates, orients and supports internal customers on all matters related to sourcing, procurement and customs process and service level agreements
- Ensures full adoption and usage of the sourcing, contract management and customs tools (Oracle) and reporting tools
- Ensures full compliance to the Procurement Policy, Processes, Procedures and Directives
- Participates in the forecasting, planning, development and review of the budget for the Procurement section
- Actively contributes to the development of the overall Finance Strategy with focus on supply chain management and cost optimisation
- Continually seeks ways to improve existing processes and procedures to enhance effectiveness efficiency and performance (working towards Centre of Excellence)
- Advises Senior Manager and management team on leading trends, identifying risks and providing recommendations to mitigate the same.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credits or better of which English and Mathematics are a must
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualification or equivalent. Added advantage is qualification in customs clearing and/or first degree in Purchasing and Supply or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years proven experience with at least 3 years customs experience within a busy organisation
- Experience in a telecommunication or FCMG environment is an added advantage
- Valid membership of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply:
Please indicate the job title in the subject of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title you are applying for as the filename of your application. Application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
Note: that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: