- Company: Absa Group
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Absa Bank Jobs in ZambiaBanking Jobs in Zambia
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
The main focus of this role is to build and maintain professional business relationships across a portfolio (1000 plus customers) on a reactive basis by driving sales and income targets, acquiring walk in clients, solutioning existing clients with cross sell, campaigns and product utilisation. The SME Banker is further required to manage risk and compliance on the portfolio.
Income Growth and Financial Targets: 40%
- Re-actively maintain ownership of a portfolio of allocated SME clients.
- Ensure customer relationships via appointment based and branch walk in customer interaction.
- Ensure the long-term sustainability of customers by establishing relationships with new clients and solution based up-selling to existing clients.
- Focus on client graduation to SME Relationship sub segment.
- Achieve cross sell and up selling sales targets by driving cross functional teams (including but not limited to sector and product specialists) to find client-centric solutions.
- Achieve customer satisfaction targets within assigned portfolio by improving customer satisfaction standards by providing e-channel solutions.
- Track and monitor the financial performance of the portfolio through existing MI.
- Apply risk-based pricing for all new sales and pricing reviews in line with standard pricing and fee structures/guidelines and applications. Negotiated pricing by exception, based on existing concession model.
- Achieve sales targets relevant to the strategic initiatives and drivers for the SME Business accounts.
- Sale the business club proposition to walk in customers.
- Focus on customer graduation for customers to more customers focused and appropriate value proposition, upgrading the customer to SME Relationship cost to serve value proposition.
Internal and Client Relationship Management: 40%
- Re-actively drive acquisition initiatives through re-engagement processes supported by SME Banking campaign initiatives.
- Make use of the middle and back-office support networks to ensure effective on-boarding and complete end-to-end service delivery.
- Take ownership of client complaints and originate from CCP (Customer Complaints process), take responsibility and accountability.
- Participate in the internal customer surveys.
- Work closely with Customer Services, responding to service requests and complaints for customers.
- Take responsibility for meeting challenging individual and team value targets.
- Promote support to the Head -BB Southern Region and other team members where assigned.
Manage Risk Assessment: 20%
- Understand and apply the relevant governance and compliance procedures to activities undertaken and maintain ongoing completion of relevant governance and compliance training.
- Maintain customer records and accurate completion of applications and paperwork by capturing customer information.
- Take ultimate ownership of the portfolio’s risk management by ensuring a good understanding of both the Bank’s and the clients regulatory and compliance environments.
- Manage the Not Fit for processing listings for the KAMLS ensuring that the error rates on submissions to Middle Office for 2nd tier checking of all KAMLS documents are at a minimum.
- Manage dormant accounts ensuring clients activate accounts or close accounts if no longer required.
- Take ownership for obtaining and scanning of all KAMLS (Know Your Customer and Anti Money Laundering) and other on-boarding documentation relevant to the customer (new and existing customers).
- Manage accounts in excess to ensure that all such are accounts are funded or closed after applicable timeframe.
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)