Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
• To manage, grow and sustain a portfolio of Public sector segment of Corporate customers and building long-term sustainable relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business through quality Relationship Management. This is achieved particularly through quick turn around on credit decisions, managing consistency and quality of service delivery.
• The jobholder will be responsible for business development and delivery for the existing and new Public Sector customers through Relationship Management.
• A primary objective is to cross sell the full suite of the Banks product set to corporate customers and driving value chain across the other segments.
• Consistent with value based management, the job holder will be measured on risk-adjusted portfolio contribution as well as other performance metrics including customer satisfaction and living the Absa values.
- Drive sales origination and execution across the full product suite in collaboration with the Relationship and Product teams.
- Spend a minimum of 75% of available time visiting existing and new to Bank customers in collaboration with Product and Relationship teams to drive revenue generation across all products
- Manage top tier Public Sector Quasi Government institutions & play a vital role in building the Banks public sector growth agenda
- Lead and coordinate the team of Relationship managers in developing account relationship plans for key customers including sales, account plans, hunting list and sector propositions
- Work with specialist product teams such as Trade Finance, Debt, Cash and Global Markets to maximize sale of these products to corporate customer’s
- Be instrumental in ensuring effective collaboration across Local and Regional stakeholders in driving business growth
- Achieve agreed sales targets for liabilities, assets, income, costs, impairments & Headline Earnings
- Develop and Implement proactive calling programme (both face –to-face and telephonic) for existing and potential customers.
- Create a lead base of external target market through business networking
through attending relevant business networking events seminars.
- Timely deal with, and find resolutions for corporate customer complaints.
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
- Produce call reports on sales force for scheduled significant business meetings and ensure all deals are loaded and timely updated on the Pricing Pipeline tool.
- Actively coordinate Relationship Managers in engaging borrowing corporate customers in obtaining relevant documentation for annual and or interim review of their credit facilities.
- Pricing and negotiation of the Banks products with existing and potential customers
- Manage and control portfolio within agreed credit limits
- Maintain a high standard of operational control including adherence to Risk Management Control Document (RMCD)guidelines, KYC & STM procedures and other bank policies
- Work in partnership with Corporate Credit Manager’s (CCM) partner on new and existing credit applications, providing guidance on credit appetite and consulting with Credit team as appropriate.
- Develop commercial awareness of the performance of the portifolio and the wider Public sector business segment.
- In the event of credit quality deterioration, coordination with the responsible Relationship Manager will be to produce the classification/special mention memo and associated updates. Ensure that Relationship Manager are the Primary contact in a remedial management of the situation.
- Report all Incidents within policy guidelines and follow through to closure
- Meet deadlines for all Low, Medium and High Risk Reviews
- Ensure proper segmentation & Contra codes are applied against assigned portfolio of corporate customers
- Ensure correct interest rates are market on customer accounts and avoid income leakage
- Ensure all accounts within portfolio are linked on CID and data held comply with Basel II standards
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business.
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Prioritisation Guidelines to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Actively engage in understanding Global Corporates business performance through Pipeline Calls and Monthly Business Reviews.
- Day-to-day coaching and development of Corporate Manager’s Assistant in provision of consistent service quality to corporate customers.
Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .