- Company: Absa Group
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Absa Bank Jobs in ZambiaAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To provide a centre of expertise for all aspects of Agribusiness
SALES & SERVICE
• Spend a minimum of 65% of available time visiting with customers and targets
• Develop relationship plan for customers including sales and contact strategy
• Conduct annual review of customers’ borrowing facilities (and interim review if customer circumstances dictate).
• Work with specialists like Trade Finance and Treasury to maximize sale of these products to customers.
• Overall responsibility for the bank’s relationship with customers including negotiation of pricing and service levels.
• Deal with and find resolutions for customer complaints.
• Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
• Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
• Produce call reports in agreed format for all scheduled significant business meetings, these should be filed in the call.
• Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business.
• Identify priority customers using the Customer Prioritisation Guidelines to assess their present and potential contribution.
• Manage and control portfolio within agreed limits.
• Maintain a high standard of operational control including adherence to Risk Management Control Document (RMCD) guidelines, KYC & STM procedures and other bank policies.
• Work in partnership with CCM partner on new and existing credit applications, providing guidance on credit appetite and consulting with Credit team as appropriate.
• In the event of credit quality deterioration, the RM/Branch manager will be responsible for producing the classification/special mention memo and associated updates. The RM will also be the Primary contact in a remedial management situation.
• Ensure proper segmentation codes are applied against assigned portfolio of customers.
• Ensure all accounts within portfolio are linked on CID and data held comply with Basel II standards.
Bachelor’s Degree: Agricultural Economics (Required)