Jobs at:Zambia Sugar Plc
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rail Controller (1 Position, First Line Management) – Supply Chain Department
The position reports to the Warehouse Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and drive of the Illovo Outbound Logistics ways and related standards to ensure transport excellence and cost optimization.
• Support embedding of best practices, minimum standards, policies, processes, tools, technology and enablers through the Illovo Outbound Logistics and Sales Way and capability Development strategy.
• Ensure full compliance to the Railways Act number 7 on the use of rail wagons for movement of bulk and heavy cargo by rail.
• Ensure effective and maximum use of rail transport to optimize on cost, environmental sustainability and reduction of possible traffic accidents
• Plan placement of wagons for stock movement from Mill to off-site warehouses and export warehouses.
• Support in country commercialization and customer centricity
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement
• Ensure cordial Stakeholder engagement with Zambia Railways and TAZARA
• Promote and adhere to Group procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
Minimum specifications / Requirements Areas
• Diploma in Supply Chain Management/ Business Administration/ Commerce/ Transport & Logistics. A Bachelors’ Degree in Supply Chain Management or business related qualification will be an added advantage.
• 2-3 years’ experience in transport and logistics function, Rail experience will have added advantage
• Analytical skills and ability to respond quickly to challenges and issues.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Sound Computer expertise
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]