Jobs at:Poseidon Construction Company
Deadline of this Job:
21 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Reporting to: Managing Director
Closing Date: 21/01/2022
About the Company
Poseidon Construction Company is registered with the National Council For Construction of Zambia in grade 2, category R and B for general Roads and Earthworks, and General Building and Housing works respectively. Incorporated in 1973, it has been one of the leading Civil and Building Construction Companies in Zambia for the last 48 years and has undertaken over 100 projects to successful completion.
Our specialties among others are the construction of Roads; Driveways, Car Parks, Buildings, Warehouses, Tennis Courts, Dams, and the production and sale of Hot Asphalt.
About the Position:
The QS will report directly to the managing director and will be relied upon to offer support and insight on all aspects of the tendering process. S/He will advise management on the evolving costs associated with projects being undertaken, by providing timely and accurate reports. The position is Not an entry-level position and requires a candidate with a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities that are demanded for such a position and should have a keen sense of the business environment in which the company operates, anticipate shifts and changes that are likely to affect the business and advise accordingly. S/He must love high-pressure demanding work and be prepared to work long hours, including weekends and public holidays in order to see the successful completion of projects when required.
• Sources and prepares information for participation in tender exercise including measurement, quotations, costing report and submission of tenders;
• Attends site visits to understand the project requirements
• Prepares bill of quantities which involves quantity take-off, materials sourcing, measuring and estimating material and labour costs used in the tendering process;
• Carries out the detailed breakdown pricing in the excel spreadsheet
• Prepares tender replies upon consultation with superior and attends tender interviews
• Takes up the quantity as per BOQ and the detailed breakdown in the Excel sheet
• Reviews tender pricing with contract manager; understands the project schedule and profit margin.
• Reviews contract drawings and documents to highlight any deviation from the tender and advise supervising manager accordingly.
• Attends project kick-off meetings and brief the scope of works with the project team and management
• Timely submission of monthly progress claims; final account closing;
• Attends internal and external project closure meetings with consultants;
• Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Survey, Architecture or its equivalent.
• At least 3 Years of working experience in the related field is required for the position.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office suites such as MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint is highly desired
• Preferably working experience in Civil and Building Construction companies.
• Familiar and with practical experience in successful Tendering processes.
• A high level of attention to detail.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
Email detailed CV with no less than 3 traceable reference letters and contacts for reference Checks. Take note only selected candidates will be contacted and they will be subjected to strict background checks.
Email: [email protected]