Jobs at:WaterAid Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
27 April 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Project Manager – WASH
Location: Mwandi and Nkeyema, Western Province, Zambia
Report To: Head of Programme
Remuneration: Competitive salary with other benefits
Deadline: 27th April,2022
WaterAid Zambia is looking for a European Union funded Project Manager WASH for its Strengthening Rights to Education Through Provision of Inclusive, Clean and Healthy Learning Environments in School Projects in Mwandi and Nkeyema Districts of Western Province. The aim of the project is to contribute to the empowerment of children and young people through increased access to equitable and inclusive education in Mwandi and Nkeyema districts of Western Province of Zambia. The project will focus on modelling designs and installing inclusive, accessible and gender-responsive WASH (water, Sanitation and Hygiene) services, building capacity and strengthening knowledge and awareness among intended beneficiaries in gender, disability and inclusion and social accountability. The project places emphasis on hygiene promotion component that will strengthen response to the Covid 19 threat in the selected schools and surrounding communities.
Empowerment of communities and strengthening local structures to improve sustainable and inclusive access to WASH services in communities, schools and HCFs through a human rights-based approach (HRBA).
• Ensure implementation of suitable approaches to ensure sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene services to the target institutions and communities.
• Ensuring that sound technical and institutional advice to WAZ and partners in relation to effective delivery of water, sanitation and hygiene services to the target institutions and communities.
• Responsible for annual planning, reporting, budgeting and expenditure tracking processes for the project.
• Ensure an integrated way of working with the MAWASH, HYM and PIE programmes through development of clear working modalities for information sharing and support.
• Ensure the implementation of WaterAid’s quality programme standards and ensuring the application of WaterAid policies and standards in all aspects of the project
• Contribute to the development of models and packaging of learning materials to contribute to sector learning and organisational learning.
• In collaboration with colleagues, assist in the marketing of WAZ’s models to key sector stakeholders.
• Ensure the project has a functional monitoring and evaluation frameworks and Identify strategic research areas within the project and ensures utilisation of research results.
• Ensure realistic and optimal project planning and implementation in collaboration with the implementing partners, MOGE, LA and other sector stakeholders and beneficiaries
• Manage the implementation of the project including procurement in accordance with the procedures and standards and logical framework of the project, implementing partners and WAZ
• Manage the project and implementing partners in accordance with the requirements of WAZ and the donor according to the PPA and other organisational procedures and regulations;
• Supervise, monitor, evaluate and report the project objectives, outcomes, outputs and activity progress according to the PMER and QP standards of WAZ and the requirements of the donor;
• Ensure timely, quality designs and construction of WASH infrastructure
• Coordinate, document and disseminate the experiences of the project including successes, challenges, issues and resolutions
• Engage in regular communications and contribute to project implementation technical discussions with WAZ, Donor, MOGE, and sector stakeholders
• Ensure project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and improvement contributing to WAZ strategic objectives.
Essential Experience and Skills
• A Degree in Development Studies from a recognized University, or professional qualifications in or other related discipline required.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in programme planning, development and management at managerial level in WASH.
• Experience in participatory monitoring and evaluation approaches and proven experience in water and sanitation work in the Zambian context.
• Experience in developing and managing projects, including staff, budgeting and budget management.
• Experience in implementation of integrated programmes and experience in leading development of models and approaches and packaging learning.
• A clear understanding of WASH programming and policy contexts.
• Experience of development and management of teams and partner Organisations.
• In-depth knowledge of participatory approaches, facilitation and training techniques.
• Ability to think strategically & translate development and fiscal plans.
• Sound knowledge of hygiene promotion and sanitation issues.
• Computer-literate (word processing & spreadsheet packages including power point).
• Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to network, establish and build relationships and influence others.
• People management skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels.
• Ability to transform strategy into actionable plans.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English.
• Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
Our people promise
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, and a commitment to playing their part in changing normal. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best.
This is our pledge to you.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please note: To apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Zambia.
Please send your application/cover letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected] with subject line Project Manager – WASH
Only candidates short-listed for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks after the closing date for applications.