Curechem Zambia (Pvt) Limited, a leading chemical raw material distribution company in Zambia with branches in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Mozambique, and India is inviting applications from suitablyq ualified and experienced candidates to fill the following opportunity that has arisen in Lusaka, Zambia.
JOB POSITION : PROCUREMENT OFFICER
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Compare and evaluate prospective suppliers and offers by visiting their plants and distribution centres to assess.
- Produce quotations within 5 days from the date of sending enquiries.
- Prepare competitive purchase orders and seek approval within 48 Hours
- Consideration of price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical Support when choosing suppliers and placing Orders according to requisition specification and request.
- Order and document (Original Documents for port release & PI) tracking from Suppliers.
- Coordinating with CureChem South Africa for load planning every Friday. Can be supported by Skype discussions.
- Negotiating contract terms of agreement and pricing.
- Review quality of purchased products and giving feedback on any Non-Confirming.
- Maintaining a Purchasing Report, updating on Pending orders, complete orders, Transit time, delays, cancelled orders, FOB, CIF prices, order age wise and this should include costing analysis.
- Monitoring stock levels and advising for ordering as needed in conjunction with Sales.
- Drafting contracts and negotiating on behalf of the company. To maintain a File for ALL Contracts.
- Attend buying meeting, Trade shows and any conferences in learning about new industries and any changes or promotions within the buying industry.
- Meetings with sales team, logistics team and SHEQ team to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Co-ordinate Sales and purchasing review and operations meetings
- Complying with internal ISO purchasing procedures
- Advanced Diploma in CIPS
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in warehouse & international procurements
- SAP ERP & Tally systems experience an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and Numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organization skills and the ability to multitask.
Candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to send their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected]
Closing date: 26 March 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to