Pricing and Quotations Officer
Jobs at:Recruitment Matters Africa
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client, a reputable company in the Logistics industry is looking for a Pricing and Quotations Officer to join their team
• Manage pricing process for the Merchandising team including assessing, approving, and loading all pricing requests.
• Review, research, and analyze pricing to make recommendations on price enhancements, SKU rationalization and margin opportunities.
• Identify current sources of margin leakage across product lines and markets by tracking price realization and discounts; conduct root cause analyses to identify major sources of leakage.
• Work with Merchandising, Sales, and Customer Service to resolve price related issues.
• Develop a system of communication, documentation and review of internal and external comparative pricing data.
• Identify opportunities to optimize profitability through pricing strategies.
• Manage data entry required to add new products, part numbers, and suppliers.
• Secure and analyze quotations; negotiate prices, terms and contracts with suppliers and make recommendations for actions with the greatest value to both the customer and the company. v Interface with 3rd party vendors, manufacturing, engineering, logistics and purchasing to gather information in order to complete request for quotes and bids.
• Process quotation requests for stock standard items and special order (customer specific) items.
• Maintain existing relationships with suppliers and recommend alternate suppliers.
• Enter supplier pricing data into quotations database for tracking and reporting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong practical understanding of basic economic and pricing principles.
• Understanding of marketing and merchandising principles.
• Strong strategic, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Preferred three years’ hands-on experience in pricing and analysis with a track record of success performing analyses and maintaining reports.
• Merchandising experience.
• Quoting and vendor relations experience.
• Experience working within Salesforce, or equivalent CRM.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience related to financial analysis and vendor support.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.