- Lusaka, Zambia
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. For more information, please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org.
Purpose of the job :
The Operations Officer- Procurement and Contracts will work under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director – Operations and together with project and administrative staff, ensure efficient and timely procurement of goods and services and consultancies. Most of SNV work is implemented with sub-contracted service providers on long term contracts or consultancies. The Procurement and Contracts Officer plays a key role in monitoring and ensuring that all contractors, consultants and suppliers deliver both according to schedule and in a cost-effective manner.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all procurement of goods and services in line with SNV and donor policies and procedures;
- Draft and issue call for proposals and applications, invitations to bid, tender documentation, bid comparisons determining procurement mechanisms that will ensure fair and open competition;
- Review procurement policies against best practice, SNV, Donor and Government of Zambia requirements and revise and adjust as necessary to ensure SNV is compliant with all relevant rules and regulations;
- Review all SNV donor contracts and ensure procurement activities in each project are compliant with donor requirements;
- Manage and administer all SNV sub-contracts to ensure contractors’ compliance and performance, accurate and timely reporting to SNV systems;
- Liaise closely with project teams to predict and track procurement requirements ensuring responsive service provision;
- Draft and issue all consultancy contracts; purchase orders, MoUs, sub agreements and sub contracts; maintain accurate and complete procurement files;
- Manage relationships with other team members, partners and relevant stakeholders, plan all deliverables and activities , review their progress and address deviations in terms of timelines and quality, based on planning, deliverables.
- Support Business Development and reduce risks for SNV by reviewing Terms and Conditions for upcoming contracts and advising management on areas of risk, implications and compliance issues.
- Maintain, review and manage vendor relationships in compliance with the SNV Procurement Policy.
- Ensure that Assets procured are covered by such applicable warranties, guarantees, insurance and after sale services.
- Ensure that Asset received are entered onto the register and are given a code soon beforehand.
- Ensure Asset database updates and physical coding both for respective projects and Country office.
- Ensure Assets management in terms of insurance covers, transfers and condition checks.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or higher vocational working & thinking level with relevant experience (6 or 7 years) in operations.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of procurement of goods and services under DFID, EU, US, and USAID funded contracts or grants.
- At least 6 years in a procurement and contracts post in Zambia
- Fully paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Purchase and Supply (ZIPS)
Interested candidates with minimum qualifications may apply by submitting a Cover letter and CV. Closing on is 25th January 2021.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation by phone or other means will be treated as disqualification of the candidate. SNV is an equal employment provider.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com .