- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Overall Job Purpose
To plan, organise and provide technical support in the development of entrepreneurship initiatives and capacity development programs. The candidate is expected to support the development and empowerment of local MSMEs through a strategic approach of stimulating, supporting and sustaining local businesses within the Mine’s geographical scope.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Perform market research to identify business opportunities and engage with stakeholders to establish strategies for pursuing new opportunities in business development
- Planning and organising of business development events/activities.
- Conduct necessary assessments on local economies that will help identify interventions, investments and funding opportunities that enhance economic inclusion in the local Chiefdom.
- Prepare and present well written reports that scope all activities to be carried out in the Local Business Development Section.
- Facilitate the development of business proposals for MSMEs to start and improve their businesses.
- Assist in managing socio-economic impacts of the Trident Project
- Plan, initiate and recommend bankable businesses among local MSMEs
- Analyse MSME business performance and provide recommendations for businesses to operate efficiently and profitably.
- Build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders, including economic development agencies, business regulatory agencies, KML, Contractors, etc. to enhance inclusion of locals in value and supply chains, business development, financing opportunities, capacity building and market linkage.
- Monitor and report on the micro-loan portfolio for local MSMEs supported by Trident Foundation and ensure recovery of disbursed loans.
Job Specific Competencies
- Networking and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Computer skills: Outlook, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to carry out market research and recommend viable business projects
- Ability to prepare and present well-structured reports
- Must have good analytical skills and pay attention to detail
- Ability to arrange and manage stakeholder engagements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to speak or understand Lunda or Kaonde will be an added advantage
Key Job Attributes
- Must be a self-starter (able to initiate and drive positive change)
- High levels of integrity and ethics
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be a team player
- Must be innovative and creative
- Excellent record-keeping
- Must be systematic
Experience & Qualifications required to perform in this job
- At least 3 years’ work experience in a similar position, having dealt with MSMEs.
- Good understanding of business management principles and entrepreneurship.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Degree in Business Studies, Economics, Marketing or related field from a reputable higher learning institution.
- Any other business qualification will be an added advantage.