A career opportunity to become the face of this newly established Customer Service organization in Zambia. The organisation provides quality Call Centre solutions to corporate customers and offers a variety of services including Inbound Customer queries, outbound tele-marketing promotional services and incident management services among others.
As Managing Director of the newly incorporated venture in Zambia, you will report to the Board of Directors and will serve as a strategic and influential leader utilising your skills, passion and commitment to drive the growth of services within and outside Zambia. You will have overall responsibility for all activities including building and managing a very dynamic team of professionals, and all aspects of operations such as organisational development, marketing and direct relationships with customers, key commercial partners and other key external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for leading the development of the company’s short- and long-term strategy as well as creating and implementing the company’s vision and mission. You will be required to maintain awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities and industry developments. Assessing risks to the company and ensuring they are monitored and minimized; setting strategic goals and making and building value to the shareholders, will all form part of this executive position.
- A Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Information Technology or related field or equivalent qualification
- A Masters degree will be an added advantage
- 10+ years’ experience running a business (SME) and/or serving in a Senior Leadership role in a medium-large corporation within the service industry
- Detailed Call Centre knowledge, new call centre product development and call centre product innovation experience
- Significant experience working with or as a member of a Board of Directors cultivating strong and transparent relationships
- Experience working with public sector customers will be an added advantage
- Proven people management experience and ability to lead, build and motivate a large team
- Financial management knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of change management tools and techniques
- Developing and demonstrating strong relationships with customers
- Outstanding presentation, communication and written skills
Essential Skill Sets and Competencies:
- The role requires an individual with a deep commitment to the opportunity in the long term. Other required knowledge, skills and competencies include:
- Knowledge of a business process outsourcing marketplace
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a collaborative orientation
- Excellent management and conceptual abilities
- Financial management expertise
- Highly motivated, self-starter and team player with a high energy level and willingness to aggressively take on responsibility
- Excellent coalition building skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Be a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions ultimately displaying the confidence to stand your ground when facing resistance to change
- A lucrative, long term career opportunity with a competitive financial package including equity share will be negotiated according to skills and experience.
- All applications will be handled discreetly and confidentially.
How to apply
To apply for the role, click here or visit our website: