Zambia Sugar Plc, is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group, and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions on short Term Basis (four months contract):
The position reports to the Charge Hand Workshop.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for turning, drilling, precision measuring, boring, shaping and milling of various components for equipment across all areas of Zambia Sugar.
Key performance areas:
- Must be able to operate all Workshop machine Tools such as Lathe, Milling, Drilling, Boring, power saw and shaping machines.
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments such as Micrometers, Vernier Calipers etc.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings without difficulties.
- The incumbent should be able to produce quality work products with minimum supervision.
- The incumbent should be able to meet and exceed expectations.
- Completes daily activity feedback reports at the end of every shift.
- Responsible for good housekeeping around the work area.
- Fosters a spirit of cooperation amongst work colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all machined components are carried out in compliance with the Zambian
- legislation and company procedures.
- The incumbent should be able to comply with all Safety rules and regulations at all times.
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas:
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Minimum of Craft Certificate in Machining or equivalent,
- At least 2 years working experience from a reputable Organisation.
- Knowledge of calibration of measuring instruments required
Method of Application
Candidates interested in applying for the above positions, kindly email your detailed CV & copies of qualifications to the email below:
No hard copy applications or phone calls will be accepted.
If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.