Vacancy title: Loan Consultants[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Financial Services , Category: Management Officer ]
Jobs at: Mofin Finance Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, June 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
MOFIN Finance Limited is a wholly Zambian owned registered microlending institution operating with over 10 branches across Zambia which provides financial services to both private and public sector employees. Mofin Finance Limited has a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and provides leadership opportunities to everyone.
Mofin is currently recruiting for Loan Consultants. The job holder focuses on loan portfolio growth by upholding a high level of quality in work and also supports the branch, that is, the branch manager in successfully on-boarding and retaining customers, reducing credit losses and acquiring new business based on performance targets. He/she provides, in line with the company’s mission, financial services to all company clients, reaches out to prospective clients by offering excellent customer service and managing loan accounts through close monitoring of repayments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Market Mofin products to individuals and firms and promote services that meet customers need.
• Always create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere to existing and new clients by attending to them with a smile on the face when engaging with them at all times.
• To interview the prospective customers, to determine the needs of the consumer and to get details about the information pertinent to the loan application.
• Demonstrates ownership and leadership in managing customer complaints until closure.
• To inform the client about the credit decision that has been made by the processor and provide details regarding the steps that need to be followed further and conditions that are essential to close the loan.
• Responsible for collecting financial and personal information of the customer and reviews his/her previous financial records, Credit Reference Bureau Reports and history to determine the loan amount disbursed to him/her and whether he/she will be able to pay it back in line with the company’s policies.
• To ensure data integrity input on the system by entering accurate data and making sure that the loan agreements are complete and accurate.
• To provide crucial information of the customers and the pertinent data to support the marketing, sales and collection activities.
• Provide support to the Branch Manager in developing weekly and monthly action plans with regard to client mobilization for new business, collections and general individual consultant performance goals. Coordinates with team to meet scheduled closing dates and branch targets.
• Maintain a good knowledge of his/her assigned market area and understanding of clients’ needs and competing products.
• Responsible for adhering to the lending cycle i.e loan initiation, processing, monitoring and repayment. Select clients, provide detailed products and services information, conduct client evaluation, collect all the necessary documents and check their accuracy, and process loans documentation with due diligence.
• Completes loan contracts by explaining provisions to applicants and obtaining signatures.
• Maintains customer confidence by keeping loan information confidential.
• Develop professional relationships with new and current customers for business growth and sustainability through collections, new sales and return customers.
• Coordinate with team to meet scheduled closing dates and targets.
• Fully responsible for all collection efforts regarding clients in his/her portfolio; daily monitor clients’ repayment, act immediately on loans in arrears according to lending policy, present all delinquent clients and recommend solutions to management.
• On the job training of new hires or general orientation and induction of staff as assigned by the Branch Manager.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager or any senior member of management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum college Diploma in Banking and Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or any other related discipline.
• At least one year working experience in a business environment as a Loan Officer will be added advantage.
• Basic mathematics and analytical skills required, writing, reading and comprehension skills, attention to detail.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
• Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
• Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality in the credit assessment, monitoring and collection processes.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]