We are looking for an organized, effective and communicative individual to serve as Liaison Officer for our Client Company in the Insurance industry.
He/She will be responsible for ensuring effective lodging and conversion of new business, monitoring persistency of active and paying policies, and ensuring efficient collection and reconciliation of individual life premiums. Opening and monitoring Debit Order and Stop Order Facilities (Pay-points) is a key job output. The job also provides feedback to the sales and marketing functions of the business regarding sales trends, penetration rates, and conversion rates at respective pay-points in order to aid quality service and to optimize sales.
Key Job Outputs and Accountabilities
Premium Administration – 80%
Lodging and Conversion of New Business
- Managing the timely lodging and conversion of new business.
- Developing a system of monitoring and reporting lodging success rates, conversion rates, persistency rates and lapse rates.
- Reporting the reasons for non-inceptions and making follow up calls
- Ensuring that premiums are collected promptly across all platforms.
- Negotiating, assessing, approving, and monitoring the development of pay-points and ensuring that new business is only sold at high grade and qualifying pay-points.
- Developing a grading system to ensure continued monitoring of each pay-point.
- Creating, maintaining, and consolidating relationships with key staff at pay-points and ensuring that queries arising from pay-points are resolved or escalated for resolution promptly.
- Establishing internal administrative, marketing and business rules at each pay-point and providing feedback to the sales force.
- Ensuring that all schedules are collected from the pay-points.
- Ongoing pay-point relationship management
- Ensuring that all premiums collected are reconciled to policies.
- Ensuring that all policies lodged are reconciled to premiums collected.
- Ensuring that all policies submitted and accepted reconcile with policies lodged.
- Providing timely and accurate Liaison and Premium Administration reports to Management including the following:
- Lodging and inceptions report
- Lodging and rejections report
- Pay point grading report
- Outstanding premium report
- Expected vs Actual premiums report
- Premiums collections report
- In-force/Lapse report
- Persistency report
Other Responsibilities – 20%
- Confirming premium status for claims being processed.
- Assessment of current collection platforms and recommending cost effective premium collection methods.
- Marketing Liberty Life products wherever possible.
- Grade 12
- Degree in any business related course
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preferably in the Long Term Insurance Industry.
- SAP Accounting System
- COP (Advantageous)
- MS Office Suite (specifically advanced Excel)
- Long term insurance industry knowledge
- Process understanding
- Risk awareness
- Insurance process knowledge
- Economic understanding
- Business management knowledge
- Knowledge of relevant law
Skills (personal and interpersonal)
- Work with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Team player
- Highly organized in planning of work
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- PC literacy
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
Interested Candidates meeting the above minimum criteria should send their applications to ; [email protected] not later than 16th October, 2020.
Applications should include; Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae and all relevant qualifications.
NOTE : The subject line in your email should read ‘Liaison Officer’
Kindly address the applications to;
The Managing Partner
DBK Management Consulting Limited
No. 7 Chifumbule Road,Woodlands
For all queries, please contact us on – +260 977887020
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]