The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research, Innovation, Industrialisation and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into the following positions in the Directorate of Commercial and Corporate Affairs
To assist the University foster strong linkages and collaborations that will bring the University, students and faculty closer to the industry and commerce
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Link the University to industry and commerce for mutual benefit
- Assist in the establishment of partnerships with local and international organizations.
- Arrange opportunities in industry for practical experience for students and externship for academic staff and also staff from the industry
- Manage and assist various employment opportunities for the University graduates and develop database for Job Placement and monitoring of graduates.
- Arrange opportunities for industry to engage with schools and academic directorates for curriculum reviews and delivery of expert lectures
- Support the commercialization of startups graduated from the business incubation centre
- Facilitate business partnerships with industry that would link business projects and innovations in the university.
- Facilitate for joint or industry-sponsored adaptive researches and training directed to the needs of the industry
- Coordinate seminars and workshops for University-Industry relationships.
- Manage the stakeholder engagement of the private, governmental and/or non-governmental organizations and industries, which have concern and relation with the University.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Head-Corporate Affairs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 or Form V Certificate minimum of 5 “O” levels with credit or better in English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- At least three (3) years post qualification professional experience
Required Attributes and Skills
- Experience with business / industry mandatory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
The salary scale for this position is PSS03
Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their application letters, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with photocopies of academic and professional certificates.
Method of Application
Applicants are to include three (3) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Applications should be sent to the undersigned:
Electronic applications should be emailed,
Jambo Drive, Riverside,
PO Box 21692,