The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research, Innovation, Industrialisation and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into the following positions in the Directorate of Commercial and Corporate Affairs
Job purpose: To manage the promotion and positioning of the University and its brands in a manner that will promote and drive the sales of programmes, products, and services from the University
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Head – Marketing will report to the Director – Commercial and Corporate Affairs and will be responsible for the following:
- To promote and market the University and its brands
- To formulate and implement marketing plans and campaigns to attract students, customers, alumni and resource mobilization support.
- To develop and implement a branding strategy for the university
- To supervise and manage the designing and branding of the various branded items
- To oversee the creative development of promotional materials, website and digital content, advertisements, and other marketing-related publications and projects to ensure that branding is consistent across the board.
- To manage and refine the University’s social media presence
- To conduct market research studies and analyses market trends, demographics, pricing schedules, competitor products, and other relevant information to form marketing strategies
- To drive the sales of programmes, products and services to potential students and customers
- To supervise the day-to-day activities of the marketing team
- To undertake any other duties deemed appropriate by the Director
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) “O” level Credits or it’s equivalent including Mathematics and English
- A Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Marketing or equivalent.
- At least three (3) years post qualification professional experience
- Required Attributes and Skills
- Proven experience as a business manager or head of a Business Unit
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and networking abilities
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems
- Able to deal with varied tasks and to work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets
Salary Scale / Tenure
- The salary scale for this position is PSS 02.
- Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their application letters, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with photocopies of academic and professional certificates.
Method of Application
Applicants are to include three (3) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Applications should be sent to the undersigned:
Electronic applications should be emailed,
Jambo Drive, Riverside,
PO Box 21692,