The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research, Innovation, Industrialisation and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into the following positions in the Directorate of Commercial and Corporate Affairs
HEAD – CORPORATE AFFAIRS
Job Purpose: To manage the University’s stakeholder landscape in a manner that will promote and drive value from various key stakeholders’ relationships and engagements
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Head – Business Services will report to the Director – Corporate and Commercial Affairs .
The main duties will entail the following:
- To develop and implement a communications strategy that will keep key stakeholders informed of important developments in and around the university through various media platforms
- To develop and disseminate corporate messaging to create a positive image and build a strong reputation and brand with consistent messages
- To issue publications on developments in the university that will provide pertinent information to internal and external stakeholders
- To manage the University’s social media platforms and drive conversations on social media to create positive image and reputation
- To develop and implement strategies aimed at growing and managing alumni effectively
- To develop and implement strategies that will increase the level of support and contribution of the alumni to the University’s development activities
- To promote and implement strategies aimed at enhancing collaborations with industry and commerce
- To promote university industry linkages that will bring both students and faculty closer to the industry /
- To promote business partnerships with industry and commerce aimed at linking them to various business projects and innovations in the university.
- To undertake any other duties deemed appropriate by the Director
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 or Form V Certificate minimum of 5 “O” levels with credit or better in English and Mathematics.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent. Master’s degree is an advantage
- At least three (3) years post qualification professional experience in leading community affairs, communications, public relations, promotion or marketing efforts in a management capacity.
Required Attributes and Skills
- Good platform and interpersonal skills, versatile verbal/written communications skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups to build and foster alliances.
- A strong team player who can lead by example and deliver results in a fast-paced and deadline oriented culture.
- The ability to demonstrate good analytical, negotiation and decision-making skills.
Salary Scale / Tenure
The salary scale for this position is PSS 02.
Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their application letters, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with photocopies of academic and professional certificates.
Applicants are to include three (3) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Applications should be sent to the undersigned not later than Friday, 26 th March 2021. Electronic applications should be emailed to [email protected]
Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692