The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research, Innovation, Industrialisation and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into the following positions in the Directorate of Commercial and Corporate Affairs
Job purpose: To develop and implement university commercial businesses and transactions to contribute to the financial growth of the University
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Head – Business Services will report to the Director- – Corporate and Commercial Affairs and the duties will entail the following:
- To identify business opportunities for investment by the University
- To develop and nurture business start-ups, research outputs, innovations and inventions to support the growth of university commercial businesses.
- To plan, monitor and evaluate the University’s business activities and ensure the greatest return on investment
- To commercialize businesses, research outputs and innovations through business start-ups or licensing and patenting technologies to industry.
- To assist business units with business services such as preparation of business, operational & financial reports, plans and budgets.
- To oversee the implementation of the Business Incubation Centre activities
- Promote and increase opportunities for students, faculty, schools and units to engage in entrepreneurship activities
- To identify and coordinate commercial research, consultancies and training of the University.
- To work with business project coordinators to nurture and add value to University start-up businesses
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) “O” level Credits or it’s equivalent including Mathematics and English
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent. A Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- At least three(3) years post qualification professional experience
Required Attributes and Skills
- Proven experience as a business manager or head of a Business Unit
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems
- Able to deal with varied tasks and to work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets
Salary Scale / Tenure
- The salary scale for this position is PSS 02.
- Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their application letters, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with photocopies of academic and professional certificates.
Method of Application
Applicants are to include three (3) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Applications should be sent to the undersigned:
Electronic applications should be emailed,
Jambo Drive, Riverside,
PO Box 21692,