Be a franchise partner
In our story of success
Young Africa Zambia
Add a winning dimension to your entrepreneurial journey with YOUNG AFRICA ZAMBIA.
Young Africa Zambia is a Non-Governmental Organization offering Vocational Skills Training to Youths aged between 15 – 35.
We invite applications from Entrepreneurs running a successful HAIRDRESSING and COSMETOLOGY businesses suitably qualified and experienced to Partner with Young Africa Zambia to be Franchisees providing training to Youths in Hairdressing and Cosmetology At Young Africa Zambia campus situated at YWCA (Opposite UTH) in Lusaka.
The Ya Franchise Business Model
The franchise model suggests a partnership between Young Africa and a business Owner.
YA partners with local entrepreneurs (referred to as franchisees) through its franchise business model. The broad aim of the franchise business model is to shape every skills training and production unit into an economically viable and self-reliant enterprise with capacity to generate wealth and create jobs for the local community. As part of this model, YA invests in capital equipment for each production unit which is franchised to a local entrepreneur who runs it as his/her income-generating project. In return, the franchisee
- Contributes rent to YA for the use of the facilities tools and equipment, classrooms, A minimum contribution is to be paid for Rent dependent on size of workshop or space allocated and is to be agreed upon by the Franchisee and YA. All machinery and equipment is available for the franchisee to use during his personal business endeavours.
- Shares a portion of operational costs (e.g. security, insurance, water and electricity bills, license fees, levies) Operational costs are shared among franchisees (depending on usage) and YA, with YA paying the larger share.
- Takes up the responsibility to train young people in a trade (i.e. teach or employ and supervise teachers and expose trainees to 70% on-the-job training). Franchisees are required to give students practical on the job training to prepare them for employability or entrepreneurial endeavours and as such are encouraged to involve students in as much production as possible.
The Franchisee is expected to run the unit as a business, meaning he/she must find ways to use what they have been given to make money for their business operations. The franchisee is responsible for employing and paying teachers & any staff they may need to run their business.
The successful applicant will be responsible for imparting relevant training and experience to youths while running the franchise as their own profitable business. Young Africa Zambia will provide the training room equipped with the necessary equipment for training and business purposes.
The Role Of The franchisees includes:
- Providing training to youths in vocational skills training e.g. Design Cutting and Tailoring under TEVETA
- Developing short courses in their field based on market demand
- Developing training content, delivering courses, conducting assessments
- Securing placements or internships for students
- Marketing courses to attract students for the courses
- Sourcing business opportunities related to the training to increase income for the department
Method of Application
To apply submit your application documents including your Expression of Interest Letter to and copy the Director,
Chitalu Kaite Njuka.
Other documents to be submitted include;
- A brief profile of their Business,
- Compliance documents – ZRA, PACRA, NAPSA,
- 1-year business plan for operating the Franchise