Jobs at:Twaabane Creative
Deadline of this Job:
01 November 2021
Within Zambia , Livingstone , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for someone who is a leader, is self-motivated and self-disciplined. They will need to be able to drive their workload and set their priorities. They must have a passion for empowering the local community. The ideal candidate will also need to be able to manage a highly varied and busy workload, in a demanding setting. As the role will be varied a creative and proactive approach to all areas of work will be important. They should be committed to delivering a high-quality service, which will also mean that they are willing and able to work outside of normal working hours when the needs of the job require it.
• Programme Management – programme design, programmes policies, oversee implementation and monitor and evaluate community projects
• Manage Programme and Centre Budgets
• Oversee and ensure effective Programme and Centre Budget reporting
• Ensure compliance with policies, councils permits, legal requirements.
• Implementation of Centre policies, ensuring they are updated and new policies created when needed
• Manage and oversee all communications for the Centre (including reports, newsletters, updates and social media)
• Manage the Twaabane Creative Centre Employees
• Recruit experts to implement the training aspects of the Centre Programmes
• Identify and develop artisanal product ranges
• Ensure the product ranges have good production management, pricing, marketing and sales
• Ensure the local community takes ownership of and is fully involved in the Twaabane Creative Centre.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
• Degree Level or equivalent
• Strong managerial skills and experience, with strong decision-making capabilities.
• Experience in developing community projects – which are beneficial to the community and well implemented.
• Experience in setting up or running a small business, preferably an artisanal business, managing sales channels, marketing products and dealing with customers (locally and internationally).
• Experience in recruiting, managing and motivating staff (knowledge of different kinds of contracts and Zambian Labour Law)
• Financial management – developing budgets, monitoring budgets, budget reporting
• Experience of working with a local community and being empathetic to their needs
• Highly organised, with a high standard of attention to detail
• Excellent communications skills in both written and spoken English.
• Computer literate, in particular, high understanding of MS Word and Excel Package
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
This package includes a competitive salary.
If you are interested in this position or want more information (including a full Job Description) then email Vanessa Parker at [email protected] .
Applications must include a Cover Letter, CV (3 pages maximum), and 3 contactable professional references. Please include Twabaane General Manager Application as the email subject.
Closing date 1st November 2021