- Company: IHG Hotels & Resorts
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The InterContinental Lusaka is located on a tree-lined avenue in the Embassy area of Lusaka, close to the Judiciary and international corporate head offices. Originally opened in 1968.
After a multi-million-dollar renovations we are ready to re-launch this iconic hotel in Q3 2022 and the IHG’s InterContinental brand in the heart of Lusaka city, Zambia.
Your day to day
- Direct everyday activity, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – linking up departments to create sense of one team
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Responsible for cascading the (Food & Beverage) training material to all concerned of hotel employees to ensure compliance to the brand standard Financial
- Help prepare the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage, and labour costs
- Working with the catering office, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue
- Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for guests at a good value
- Make sure credit and financial transactions are handled securely Guest Experience
- Make sure all food and beverage equipment is in operational condition and regularly cleaned
- Make sure all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention spaces are clean and properly stocked to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Help guests with their requests and complaints – making sure you maintain a high level of guest satisfaction
- Analyse guest insights to identify and meet customer expectations and build on guest loyalty
- Regularly communicate with guests to ensure expectations are met Responsible Business
- Manage hotel food and beverage marketing programmes and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programmes and promotions
- Keep an eye on competitor activity / industry innovation. Review and approve menu design and concepts with the Executive Chef
- Make sure food and drinks are secure and stored safely – always keep stock replenished to minimise waste
- Handle food and beverage inventory procedures. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- May also serve as manager on duty Accountabilities This is the top food and beverage job in a large, luxury or resort hotel. Supervises a large number of employees in multiple major food and beverage outlets and kitchens, and banquet and convention facilities. Oversees multiple managers and supervisors.
What we need from you
- A focused individual with passion, personality, individuality, integrity, creativity and drive for continuous improvement. Sound familiar? It should do – it’s you! You have demonstrable experience in leading both Front of House and Back of House within a Restaurant and Bar department.
- You are a natural leader and have experience in managing and coaching large teams.
- You have know-how of all aspects of managing and budgeting.
- You have the ability to carry out a new F&B concept and manage this within the team
- Hotel Experience in similar capacity and calibre hotel is must
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field
- 10+ years’ related experience, including management experience
- Must obtain certifications or permits as required by local governmental agencies.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the Room to be yourself. So what’s your passion?
Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking “Apply Online”.
At IHG we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies. We are an equal opportunities employer.