Financial Accountant will ensure effective, efficient and accurate processing, recording and reconciliation of all financial transactions to give accurate financial information to aid management in decision making and enhance customer confidence.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Take the lead in gathering and monitoring financial data (e.g. sales revenues and liabilities)
- Manage all financial accounting activities for business operations.
- Develop financial statements for payroll processing, account reconciliations, account receivables, account payables, revenue, expenditure, etc.
- Co-ordinate the processing of all payments and ensure that properly authorized supporting documents are attached to the payment vouchers
- Ensure that all payments on accrued transactions are posted to respective accounts daily
- Maintain an accurate Creditors schedule, Debtors and other Ledger accounts in PASTEL and ensure these are reconciled daily with other Systems in place.
- Ensure that all direct bank transactions are posted to the Accounting system on the computer and that they are properly accounted for.
- Determine accounting errors or discrepancies and suggest necessary corrective action.
- Maintain accurate accounting records for future references.
- Help other department in financial analysis and accounting tasks.
- Assist in account receivables and payables activities.
- Ensure financial records comply with company policies and accounting principles
- Perform month end closing activities such as account reconciliation, revenue accounting, expense accounting, etc.
- Prepare finance reports required for team meetings or as requested by management and customers.
- Reconcile Bank accounts monthly and ensures prompt action is taken on all issues highlighted by the reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly standing Journal entries for Salaries, Depreciation, Expense accruals etc for Posting into PASTEL and Present accurate and reconciled periodical trial balance as required from time to time
- Prepare and submit financial reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in preparing necessary documentation for annual financial audits.
Required Skills and Competencies;
- Excellent Communication Skills both oral and writing
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Spreadsheet Proficiency
- Time management skills
- Ability to remain confidential
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Full ACCA, CIMA or CA Zambia
- Must have a minimum of 5 years progressive experience in Financial Accounting
- Proven Experience in Financial Reporting Standards
- Must be well vested in PASTEL and other Accounting Systems
- 2-3 years of Financial Accounting experience with an Insurance & Pension firm will be a plus
- Must be a member of ZICA
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 14 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
To apply for this job please visit bemconsult.com .