The Finance Officer-Fixed Assets shall be responsible for recording any acquisitions or sales offixed assets and their depreciation, file any forms related to thetransactions, prepare financial statements or reports for management, and workwith any internal or external personnel to ensure the protection of thoseassets and the accuracy of the record keeping.
Fixed Assets Ledger processing
- Ensuretimely and accurate transfer of account data to General Ledger.
- Check for completeness and accuracy offixed assets sub ledger and month-end closing activities such as accountreconciliations, journal entries and adjustments.
- Perform accounting activities as perestablished accounting standards, policies and procedures.
- Generate monthly depreciation postingsand annual account reports to management.
Maintain Fixed Assets records
- Maintain fixed asset system for accounting,processing, and reporting of the assets.
- Review and maintain all accountingrecords related to Fixed Assets.
- Organize and maintain fixed assetdocumentations for references.
- Ensure all Assets are coded and monitored.
Resolution of irregularities
- Promptly investigate and resolve anyirregularities or enquiries related to Fixed Assets and shall be involved indiscussions related to technology upgrades and changes related to fixed assetaccounting.
Fixed Asset Reporting
- Preparation of monthly Assets schedules
- Monthly and Quarterly Fixed Assets
Monitor and report monthly capitalexpenditure and budgeting.
- Monitor asset disposals and movements ofassets
- Conduct impairment reviews on allclusters of assets
- Investigate the potential obsolescenceof fixed Assets.
- Work closely with administration toensure all fixed Assets are covered by insurance at all times.
- Assist in financial audit and tax filingactivities.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Accountancy, Full ACCA/CIMA/ZICA
Grade 12 School Certificate
Member of ZICA
Knowledge of. IFRS/IAS
2 years Fixed Assets Accountingpreferably or general accounting experience.
Competencies required for this Role
Experience working with automatedinvoice systems.
Knowledge of relevant accountingsoftware (such as Sage, Pastel, QuickBooks).
Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
Proficient in data entry and management.
Ability to multi-task, meet firmdeadlines, proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage priorities.
To apply for this job please visit www.enchinto.co.zm .