The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research, Innovation, Industrialisation and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into the following positions in the Directorate of Commercial and Corporate Affairs
Job purpose: The Digital Marketing Officer will assist in the planning, execution and optimization of the University’s online marketing and communication efforts across all digital platforms.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Digital Marketing Officer will report to the Head – Digital Marketing and will be responsible for the following:
- To assist in the formulation of strategies to build a lasting digital connection with students, customers and other key stakeholders
- To plan, implement and monitor the University digital marketing and communications campaigns across all digital networks.
- To create and manage content for the website to drive traffic to University’s pages and generate interest in the University’s programmes, products and services.
- To design, build, and manage the ongoing University presence on social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.) and watch what is being posted about the university online.
- To launch optimized online adverts to increase University and brand awareness
- To be actively involved in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) efforts (keyword, image optimization etc) to increase the quantity and quality of traffic to the University’s website
- To prepare online newsletters and promotional emails and organize their distribution through various channels
- To provide creative ideas for content marketing, communication and website updates
- Acquire insight into online marketing trends and keep strategies up-to-date
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head – Marketing and Sales
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) “O” level Credits or it’s equivalent including Mathematics and English
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Admnstration or equivalent.
- At least three (3) years post qualification professional experience
- Required Attributes and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics.
- Experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing.
The salary scale for this position is PSS 03
Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their application letters, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with photocopies of academic and professional certificates.
Method of Application
Applicants are to include three (3) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Applications should be sent to the undersigned:
Electronic applications should be emailed,
Jambo Drive, Riverside,
PO Box 21692,