- Company: Absa Bank
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Zambia
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Dispense and receive cash and related instruments and provide customer service to walk-in branch Retail Customers.
Risk and Control
- Dispense and receive physical cash, cheques, drafts and other financial instruments over the counter to walk-in customers.
- Where required, process foreign and local currency cheques, either by issuing or cashing such cheques.
- Before processing each transaction, verify that all the required information for the transaction is accurate and complete in accordance with the banks procedures (for example when cashing a cheque,
- Verify the date, bank name, customer’s ID and validity of the cheque, check amount number and amount in words agree, that customer has sufficient funds etc.). Refer any concerns to the Branch Manager or Branch Ops for follow-up and decision-making on whether to proceed.
- Refer any transactions in excess of teller limits to the next level for authorisation.
- Capture all transactions on the bank’s system and ensure that all transactions are properly authorised before processing.
- Carefully count all cash received or dispensed to ensure that errors are avoided. Absa has a zero tolerance policy for teller errors and appropriate action will be taken, which may include formal disciplinary procedures.
- Assist customers to correctly complete transaction documentation such as deposit or withdrawal slips to ensure accuracy and completeness of these documents.
- Responsible for managing the cash in the ATM and all cash supplies to the ATM
- Monitor cash levels in the ATM and replenish and ensure that ATMs are operating within Limits
- Respond to ATM calls within 30 min
- Order ATM cash from the vault
- Reconciliation of ATM on a daily basis in the morning and before 13hrs daily
- Ensure Cash is packed correctly and well sorted before feeding the ATMs
- Carefully count the cash before loading into the ATM and ensure that the ATMs are balancing
- Follow the ATM complaint management process and resolve ATM queries as per process
- Undertake other ATM custodian duties as required in order to provide excellent services
- Maintain ATM uptime at 98% or above
- Provide advice to customers on the cash process to ensure the smooth flow of transactions.
- When directly receiving customer enquiries, attempt to resolve the enquiry at the first instance by using the bank’s systems. Only escalate to Branch Manager or Branch Ops, or ask the customer to speak to an Inquiries Advisor when all other efforts have been exhausted to resolve the customer’s request.
- Explain the banks procedures, security requirements (such as the requirement to provide sufficient ID when transacting) as well as services to customers.
- Inform customers of the value of providing feedback, including explaining to customers how the bank uses their feedback to improve service.
- Identify sales leads through reviewing income levels on customer statements, questioning customers when they mention specific needs, and referring any new leads to Personal bankers
- When specific sales campaigns are running in the branch, explain the campaign details in brief to customers, and direct them to the Personal bankers for further information.
- Support the Personal bankers to call and follow up on leads referred to the branch on optimus
- Reconcile own till cash at the beginning and end of each day, as well as when cash is restocked or repatriated during the day.
- Open and close tills together with a second controller (usually the Cash Custodian or Branch Coordinator), including physically securing the till according to requirement set out (e.g. physically chaining the till).
- Throughout each day advise the Cash/ATM Custodian when teller cash limits are reached to enable them to restock or repatriate cash.
- Conduct snap checks as assigned by the Branch Coordinator from time to time.
- Ensure that all transaction records are kept meticulously and in accordance with bank procedures. Make such documents available for review/control purposes when required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards.
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)