Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 44 million people in more than 65 countries and have sold over 13 million products worldwide.
From the company’s wide range of trusted Sun King™ solar lamps and home energy systems, to its innovative distribution partnerships, to its EasyBuy™ pay-as-you-go consumer financing model, Greenlight Planet continuously strives to meet the evolving needs of the off-grid market.
Greenlight stays in touch with underserved consumers’ needs in part by operating its own direct-to-consumer sales network, including thousands of trusted sales agents (called as “Sun King Energy Officers”) in local communities across local communities. For Sun King Energy Officers, this is not only a good source of income and employment but also, they become an important member of their community, bringing light and catering to local energy needs within their communities.
Today, with over 1145 full-time employees in 8 countries, we remain continuously impressed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to the global off-grid challenge, from new product designs to innovative sales and distribution strategies, to setting up
better collection mechanisms, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical and after-sales service systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of underserved consumers.
Role: Credit Analyst – Zambia
Job Location: Ndola, Zambia
Reporting to: Credit Manager – Africa
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Use data to evaluate key collections performance indicators, redflags and recommend the best course of action for Zambia.
- Use data to profile clients at the onboarding stage to ensure only well paying clients are onboarded.
- Support the country credit analyst with ad hoc requests that require detailed analysis.
- Develop surveys, analyse and interpret the results for such surveys through application of analytical tools.
- Perform industry research, analyse information collected and propose changes that will improve the competitiveness of Greenlight Planet from both sales and collections.
- Participate in regular meetings with management, assessing and addressing issues to identify and implement improvements toward efficient operations
- Carry out field visits which are driven by data.
- Forecasting likely trends from certain risk events and identifying and communicating how events will impact the company’s potential loss
- Minimise delays in cash collections by identifying partnership opportunities with Fintechs.
- Any other task allocated by the line manager.
- Critical reasoning skills
- Demonstrated the knowledge and ability to be adaptable.
- Strong Analytical skill
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Possess clear, concise & exceptional oral, written and visual communication skills
- Programming experience (SQL, Python, R,) and can use SQL queries to obtain data needed for analysis
- Significant attention to detail and an ability to quickly spot and fix problems
- Proficiency with statistics and dataset analytics
- Advanced analytical skills with experience in collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating abundant information with accuracy.
- The ability to write reports
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Actuarial science, computer science, mathematics, business management or economics.
- Experience in a related field. Or in a sector where data mining, manufacturing information, or production information is processed is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.greenlightplanet.com .