Jobs at:Young Africa Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
17 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Country Director is the official representative of the organization whose principal responsibility is the overall success of the organization and guards the mission and strategic objectives of the organization. The Country Director will provide highly skilled, experienced, and senior-level management support and leadership of the country program. S/he is accountable for all organizational operations, leading teams, managing resources, implementing programs and fostering and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and Donors.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement a fundraising plan.
• Identify and mobilize resources internally and externally.
• Lead the preparation of project/program proposals about possible funding opportunities.
• Develop strategies to monitor progress and impact of training programs.
• Facilitate documentation and implementation of policies
• Supervise staff and ensure they perform their duties as expected.
• Lead and mentor the project team to develop capacity and achieve results.
• Provide for adequate monitoring, evaluation, learning and strategic information for implemented projects under the program.
• Ensure Young Africa is compliant with all accreditation, statutory and operating regulations.
• Supervising the performance of accounting functions.
• Manage relationships with donors and the Board.
• Provide Board members with periodic reports and statements.
• Make submissions to the Board about the performance of Young Africa as requested.
• Establish and sustain networks and partnerships with stakeholders.
• Develop a communications and marketing strategy.
• Foster strategic relationships with stakeholders at Community, District and National Level.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Project Management, Business Administration or related discipline.
• At least 5 years’ experience managing Youth, economic empowerment and/or international development programs. 3 of the 5 years must be in a Senior management position with supervision of Senior Program staff while 2 of the 5 years should be in a role managing multiple projects and/or working for an international organization in Zambia.
• Demonstrated experience in fundraising and advocacy.
• Experience working with a cross section of stakeholders in the public and private sector.
• Experience in writing grant applications and delivering humanitarian development projects
• Broad understanding of youth centered development programs.
• Proven strategic and analytical skills with ability to translate organization’s vision into actionable items.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including public speaking and presentations.
• Excellent leadership and people management skills.
• Impeccable networking skills with the ability to foster and maintain relationships with
• Donors, Senior Government Officials, Corporate Partners and Media.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite with bias towards excel and specific accounting programs
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should apply for this job email your details to [email protected]