Communications Support Officer
Jobs at:Mary’s Meals
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2021
Within Zambia , Sinda , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Communications Support Officer
Mary’s Meals is a fast-growing international charity, currently providing a daily meal to two million hungry and impoverished children across four continents in their place of education. Mary’s Meals Zambia delivers school feeding to children in the Eastern Province of Zambia.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Communications Support Officer will play a vital role in key areas of the Mary’s Meals (MM) communications function within Mary’s Meals Zambia. The role includes support for developing dynamic content; support for special communications projects (such as Sponsor A School), Celtic Visits); support in engaging with different target audiences both in person (including beneficiaries, volunteers, in-house fellow staff, people new to Mary’s Meals and the local media) and online (internally via Yammer). You will also work closely with colleagues within MM Zambia to ensure a consistently integrated approach. This role will also ensure broad exposure to different functions in direct delivery of the Mary’s Meals Zambia programme.
• Supporting the development of in-house content and direct creative execution to provide targeted and impactful message i.e. newsletter story content collection and video recording and editing.
• Support the planning and coordination of local and international media coverage of Mary’s Meals Zambia activities.
• Assist in generating ideas for the organization’s visibility internationally and locally.
• Contribute to short-term and long-term communications departmental goals and operational plans.#
• Stays informed of developments in the field of communications within the program to foster ideas and innovation.
• Support the SAS component of fundraising i.e. collecting quality content and timely submission of reports to Line Manager.
• Support the creation of awareness among stakeholders about the MMZ programme.
• Support assigned Communications Projects: delivery of the MMZ Communications Operational Plan, Celtic Visits and any key other special projects.
• Facilitate timely and accurate signpost production and posting to schools.
• Supporting the training of staff on required communications aspects of the programme.
• Contribute to special tasks and projects as required by the Line Manager from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Diploma Level Education in Communication Studies (Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing) or a closely related field or equivalent. Degree will be an added advantage.
• Two Years’ Experience working in a similar role in the communications, and information sector – non-Governmental sector will be an added advantage.
• Working knowledge of all Adobe applications i.e. In Design, Premier Pro, Photoshop and Lightroom
• Strong communication skills across all levels – in written and spoken forms.
• Strong photography, videography, and video editing skills.
• Good organisational, planning and coordinating skills
• Ability to think strategically and in a critical way.
• Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks.
• Desire to take ownership of assigned projects (accountability)
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain good communications channels at all levels within the organisation
• Pro-active in collecting and sharing new developments in relation to the program
• Possesses a sense of urgency and self-motivated
• Ability to work on own initiative, work according to deadlines and pay attention to detail.
• Sound command of the main Zambian local languages.
• Understanding of the place of school feeding in relief and development is an added advantage.
• Experience of working in a charity or not for profit organisation will be an added advantage.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet our minimum requirements may apply electronically to: [email protected] .
Closing date for receiving applications is 25th August 2021
• Candidates who meet the minimum criteria are encouraged to apply.
• You do not need to send academic qualification at this stage
• MMZ is equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply
• MMZ does not charge any fees for receiving applications.