Jobs at:Cities and Infrastructure for Growth Zambia (CIGZambia)
Deadline of this Job:
29 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Specifically, the 4 objectives/workstreams of the project are:
• Improved Tax and Non-Tax Revenue Administration and Compliance
• Strengthen Tax Policy
• Enhanced Public-Private Dialogue
• Enhanced capacity to address other fiscal policy and management priorities, as they emerge.
This is a 3-year project, with possibility of extension for a further 2 years. The beneficiaries for the project are the Ministry of Finance (MoF) and Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA).
About the Role & Responsibilities
The Communications Specialist will play a crucial role in the project team, ensuring project deliverables/reports are submitted to the project’s various external audiences to a high-quality standard, and that the project’s visibility is maintained by developing and disseminating project-related communications to USAID, MOF, ZRA and project stakeholders).
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for:
• Drafting and editing all project reports, quality assuring them to a high-written standard and ensuring compliance with USAID’s reporting and communications guidelines (formatting, font, branding, etc.);
• Raising and maintaining the project’s visibility to external audiences, including by: a) Developing and operationalizing the project’s communications tools, including but not limited to a project banner, success/impact stories, etc.; b) Developing and operationalizing the project’s Communications Strategy; c) Developing and maintaining the project’s social media accounts;
• Drafting project success/impact stories to be submitted to USAID;
• Drafting and editing project reports, including but not limited to monthly, quarterly and annual reports, project technical reports.;
• Supporting the Public-Private Dialogue Objective Lead in coordinating, designing, and implementing communications-activities for non-state actors; and
• Supporting any other communications-related requests from the project’s Chief of Party and/or Objective Leads.
The Communications Specialist is expected to work closely with the entire project team.
Experience & Qualifications
Please note that we are only accepting candidates who are Zambian nationals for this role.
• Bachelor’s level qualification in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related field. Master’s level qualification in any of these fields is a plus;
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing. We will also consider candidates with project management experience on donor-funded projects, where quality assuring technical deliverables/reports was a key task;
• Extensive experience drafting, editing and quality-assuring reports to high-level, client-ready standards;
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including strong writing skills (strong knowledge of English grammar and usage);
• Detail-oriented, highly organised, and an energetic self-starter;
• Experience using, and strong knowledge of, different communications platforms, including but not limited to social media, brochures, banners, flyers, newsletters, etc.;
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team;
• Ability to think creatively both independently and with a team;
• Ability to work in a demanding environment under tight deadlines.
• Good knowledge of USAID and USAID’s communications rules;
• Experience developing and operationalizing communications strategies in a multi-stakeholder environment;
• Experience working with third-party service providers such as designers, media houses, etc. to design and implement communications tools;
• Experience working on international development donor-funded projects.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
For your application to be considered, please send the following to [email protected] by the deadline:
• Your CV (no more than 2 pages maximum)
• A ‘Success Story’ that you have written (no more than 1 page maximum) that applies the USAID Style Guide ( https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USAIDStyleGuide_Jan2020.pdf )
The subject line of your application email must read as follows: USAID Revenue for Growth Zambia – Communications Specialist – Candidate Last Name, First Name
Deadline for Applications: Friday, 29 October 2021
Successful candidates will then be invited for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]