- Company: DAI Global LLC
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The five-year (2020-2025) USAID Local Impact Governance Activity (Local Impact) will help Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The program will engage national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of district-level governance bodies to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial management and domestic revenue generation.
The activity will work toward three objectives:
- Objective 1: Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service-delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
- Objective 2: The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
- Objective 3: The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia.
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator will oversee project communications and reporting, internally and externally, and ensure that all USAID reporting deliverables and communication documents comply with USAID contractual and branding and marking regulations and are delivered on time. The Communications and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for planning, initiating and managing the full breadth of the marketing and outreach activities of the project, with a strong focus on capturing and promoting the reach and impact of the project. S/he will additionally support project events, trainings and workshops, ensuring compliant branding and production of any required informational materials.
- Oversees, coordinates and manages the production of all required USAID reporting deliverables (quarterly, and annual/final reports), incorporating and integrating the reports generated by Local Impact’s technical teams and ensuring that a high quality product is submitted to USAID
- Coordinates and facilitates data collection with the MEL Specialist for USAID on-demand data calls and prepares special and/or ad hoc reports as required
- Works closely with technical staff to identify and produce regular success stories, conducting interviews and capturing quotations or stories as needed
- Takes photographs for project publications at events as required
- Oversees the production of program promotional materials, including brochures and other publications and facilitates their distribution
- Ensures that all communications materials for the program are well-conceived, targeted and delivered.
- Adheres strictly to and provides guidance to staff on USAID branding guidelines and the project’s Branding & Marking Plan
- Contributes to technical program activities in the area of strategic communications
- Develops and implements a communications and outreach plan that will highlight achievements and communicate updates to the client effectively and successfully.
- Designs, develops, and manages content of project website
- Develops content for and manages the administration of project social media
- Develops and manages all project electronic and print communications including event banners, brochures, fact sheets, business cards, speaker or facilitator profiles, and any online presence
- Prepares any materials required for USAID or other high-profile delegations such as talking points, press releases, speaker briefings, and acts as press POC at any project events
- Provides leave of absence cover for staff as required
- Escalates any issues to his/her supervisor immediately
- Prepared to travel to project provincial offices as required
- Performs any other duties as assigned
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE AND REPORTING
- The position will be based in the Local Impact Activity’s main office in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the CLA Director
- There may be some travel to provincial offices
- University degree in relevant field required.
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in communications and reporting on USAID-funded projects, preferred.
- Experience designing communications plans, developing and implementing knowledge management tools or systems, developing content for social media platforms, and working with web-developers.
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Demonstrated exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally)
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent procurements
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Fluency in English is required
- Use the URL provided in the advertisement to apply
- Applications must be received before the closing date
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified
- No phone inquiries