Communications – Digital Youth Engagement Officer
Jobs at:United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
Deadline of this Job:
12 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of Task
Within the delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Chief of Communication or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will perform the following tasks:
• Manage the Internet of Good Things (IoGT) web platform, including reviewing and refreshing content;
• Develop new content for the website and other platforms, with a focus on an adolescent and youth audience;
• Lead a marketing campaign around IoGT to increase awareness within Zambia;
• Support the creation of high-quality communications products, including web stories, blogs, social media posts, photos and videos. This will be through working with external communications professionals, and through product creation;
• Provide support to public advocacy campaigns in the office, notably around the campaigns against stunting and ending child marriage;
• Lend support to improved internal communication in the office.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
• Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Journalism, Communication, English, Video/Photography, Website Management, Public Relations, Design or related field;
• A first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
Required experience: 60 Months
• At least 5 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in Communications. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization is an added advantage;
• Technical skills and experience in journalism, web management, writing, graphic design, and public relations;
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
• Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive, ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels, familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment, ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
• Sound security awareness;
• Have affinity with or interest in child rights, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
• English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise
Journalism, mass media and broadcasting
Area of expertise details
• Demonstrated interest and or experience in journalism, web management, writing, graphic design, and public relations.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup .
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it.
Then go to ‘My Page’ https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile .
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 12 August 2021
Please click here to apply.