The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research, Innovation, Industrialisation and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into the following positions in the Directorate of Commercial and Corporate Affairs
Job Purpose: To manage the operations, planning, marketing and development of the business / technology incubators in a manner that will support entrepreneurs from idea generation to product development to commercialization
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall planning of the activities, resources, budgets and operations of the Incubation Centre
- Screening of proposals, research, patent landscaping and working with entrepreneurs for their proposals, presenting proposals to the next level for selecting incubates.
- Provide incubation facilities, tools, space and networks to enable commercialization of the business
- Assist in writing business plans, keep track of the Incubation process; help the incubates prepare proposals for getting funding,
- Coordinate with various support systems including established entrepreneurs, science labs, workshops, workspaces and mentorship programs to make the Incubated ventures successful.
- Forge partnerships with organizations for providing services to the incubates or the incubator i.e. marketing the incubator, sponsorship etc. Liaison with the government and industries.
- Support the commercialization of startups graduated from the incubation center and be the face of the Incubator and actively promote it through various channels etc.
- Co-ordination with senior management for setting up seed funds for start-ups.
- Prepare all required reports and maintain a comprehensive set of records on all tenant activity, client activity and staff involvement in the process of tenant recruitment.
- Cultivate innovation culture through organizing innovation consultative meetings, workshops, events or webinars with industry partners in its innovation hub;
- Carry out innovation competitions and host tenants into the its Business Incubation Center
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 or Form V Certificate minimum of 5 “O” levels with credit or better in English and Mathematics.
- A degree in Business Administration or a related field is required; a Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years of business development or business counselling experience is required.
Required Attributes and Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, knowledge of business management principles, budget formulation and financial management, property management and leasing, and computer literacy.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a variety of constituents and organizations. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
The salary scale for this position is PSS03
Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their application letters, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with photocopies of academic and professional certificates.
Method of Application
Applicants are to include three (3) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Applications should be sent to the undersigned:
Electronic applications should be emailed,
Jambo Drive, Riverside,
PO Box 21692,