Purpose of the job
Responsible for the strategic development of the business including identification of new specialized business opportunities, new business pipeline development, implementation of deals and subsequent client interface. This would be achieved through the establishment of processes and leveraging off existing capabilities in the group. The role requires interfacing with financial directors and other senior managers both internally as well as externally. Providing leadership and direction for the Life business within Zambia.
· Minimum B Degree in Commerce or Finance
· A Post graduate degree is an advantage
Specialised Knowledge and Experience
· At least 7 – 10 years solid experience in the financial services or insurance industry
· Managing Specialist
· Networking and retention of client base
· Understanding of investments and markets
· Ability to present to trustees, Boards and top management
Develop a strategy that talks to the opportunity for the company also to expand its product range.
· Prepare the annual Business Development Plan this may include preparing the annual Work Plan and defining and monitoring annual targets and objectives.
· Develop and implement strategies for securing new products, technology services and distribution channels as well as negotiate with brokers the level of business and servicing requirements to SLA’s.
· Determine new opportunities by analyzing business needs, forecasting long and short- range market potential within the region.
· Provide direction, guidance to the business unit to ensure alignment with the Company’s strategies.
· Lead and develop staff (internal and external) by identifying and providing training and development needs.
· Increase the company’s involvement with existing clients in order to retain them. Further develop multi-tier relationships to organically grow business with our existing clients.
· Develop and deliver the business plans through carrying out research, formulating market analysis and delivering accurate business reports.
· Pro-actively hunt for target organizations and establish communications with those businesses that can benefit from the business unit products and services.
· Build brand awareness by acting as an ambassador for the company brand and by developing and managing marketing tools and collateral for the business unit.
· Adopt a hands-on approach in monitoring the implementation and execution of marketing strategies.
· Implement business models so as to create new ventures
· Product knowledge
· Systems and servicing knowledge
· Compliance requirements (internal & external)
· Appropriate accreditation (COP)
· Competencies Leading/Deciding/Initiating action
· Supporting and Cooperating
· Adhering to principals and values
· Presentation Skills
· Relating & Networking
· Persuading & Influencing
· Analysing & Interpreting
· Writing and Reporting
· Learning & Researching
· Planning/Organising /Executing
· Adapting and Responding to change
· Stress Tolerant
· Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking