The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research, Innovation, Industrialisation and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into the following positions in the Directorate of Commercial and Corporate Affairs
Job Purpose: To provide technical and administrative support to the Directorate of Commercial and Corporate Affairs in a manner that will help the University maintain its image, gain publicity and disseminate information to various stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties will entail, the following:
- To identify opportunities in the media and at events to help raise the profile of the Copperbelt university
- To support the production of media documentaries, publications, press releases, public statements, articles and website content
- To assist in planning, organizing and setting up of media arrangements for public events hosted by the university
- To assist in developing content and direct creative execution to provide consistent, targeted and impactful corporate messaging.
- Working with the communications and marketing units to deliver strong, dynamic and cutting edge communication about the University’s activities, programs and projects.
- To establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database and records of media coverage
- To ensure university initiatives, developments and projects are successfully communicated to employees and other internal stakeholders
- To assist to drive conversations on various media platforms both internally and externally
- To undertake any other duties that may be assigned by the Head – Communications (Corporate Affairs) or the Communications officer.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 or Form V Certificate minimum of 5 “O” levels with credit or better in English and Mathematics.
- Diploma in Communications, Public relations, Journalism, or related field. Bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least three (3) years post qualification professional experience
Required Attributes and Skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and social media platforms
The salary scale for this position is PSS06
Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their application letters, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with photocopies of academic and professional certificates.
Method of Application
Applicants are to include three (3) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Applications should be sent to the undersigned:
Electronic applications should be emailed,
Jambo Drive, Riverside,
PO Box 21692,