The Assistant Accountant (Payables) will take charge of processing accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures. Be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the accounts payables team by completing payments, controlling expenses and processing verifying.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Reconciling invoices and controlling expenses, verifying vendor account by reconciling monthly statements related transactions including expertise on taxes i.e. VAT, Sales tax, Withholding tax reporting.
- Assist in overseeing routine department activities, such as disbursing checks and processing payroll, to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial, employee, and client records.
- Work with Accounts Receivable team and others to resolve account issues when necessary.
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing budgets, policies, and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Build and maintain relationships with employees, clients, vendors, and lenders.
- Take charge of highlighting the day to day management of all payments cycle activities and shall be required to complete related results in a timely and effective manner.
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Negotiating payment plans with all listed suppliers/vendors
Required Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of Accounting Payable Principles
- Customer Focused
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Trusty worthy
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Data entry skills
- High degree of accuracy
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Level 3 or Finalist of ACCA/CIMA/ CA Zambia
- Must have at least a minimum of four (4) work experience in Account Payables
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like Navision will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Must be a member of ZICA
How to apply
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to these links below: