Accounts Assistant - Livingstone Office
Jobs at:Zambia Daily Mail Limited
Deadline of this Job:
30 August 2021
Within Zambia , Livingstone , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounts Assistant - Livingstone Office (1)
Zambia Daily Mail Limited, an equal opportunity employer and leading daily newspaper company in Zambia, inviting a suitably qualified and high calibre internal candidate to fill the position of Accounts Assistant to be based in Livingstone office. This is a contractual position reporting to the Accountant Treasury.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the job is to perform all accounting functions for the regional office
• Receipting of all company cash and cheques from pre-sales, street sales, advertising, debtors and any other sources.
• Banking all receipts within 24 hours of receipt.
• Posting of all bank deposits in pastel on a daily basis
• Encashment of cheques.
• Collecting both advertising and circulation outstanding debt promptly.
• Receiving, recording and delivering of invoices to customers promptly
• Reconciling and preparing reports for advertising and circulation receivables accounts monthly.
• Preparation and maintenance of daily sales and banking summaries
• Management of office petty cash
• Controlling the issuance and usage of fuel and oils allocation in an efficient manner.
• Sending all accounting records to head office on a weekly basis
• Maintain proper and systematic filing of all accounting records
• Ensuring safe custody of all accounting documents and company money prior to banking
• Monitoring and controlling the purchase and usage of office consumables like stationery, groceries etc.
• Performing any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisors from time to time
Qualifications, Experience and Other Attributes
• Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least 5 ‘O’ levels including Mathematics and English
• ZICA Licentiate, ACCA Skills Level or its equivalent.
• Paid up member of ZICA.
• Hands on experience with Evolution
• Proficient in Excel and Word
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
If you think you are the right person we are looking for, please send your application letter together with a detailed CV and copies of your academic and professional qualifications to the undersigned, not later than 30th August 2021
The Director-Human Resource & Administration
Zambia Daily Mail Limited
PO Box 31421