About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About The Role
We are looking for a consultant in Monitoring and Evaluation of Soya and Maize projects to improve our measurement of impact. You will manage the MEL field team in Zambia. You will enforce processes for survey execution, data quality, analysis, team management based on existing context and global standards.
You will be in the Global Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) department, and you will report initially to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Lead and later to the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Deputy Director.
- Ensure the M&E processes and protocols are internalized and systematically applied to enable excellent survey execution and data quality.
- Manage the M&E field persons: Data Coordinator and the Field Manager to ensure data quality. You will ensure that the process and protocols are followed following documentation up to execution through our enumerators.
- Implement existing protocols and processes , which includes backcheck, error check, and the Key Project Indicators (KPIs) reporting template, project calendar, and Zambia/Global MEL survey management tools.
- Ensure open communication channels are available
- Ensure participatory roll-out and implementation of the existing performance management system
- Ensure development plan, promotion plan, and professional development structures are consistent areas for review and manager focus.
- Monitor team performance and data quality : ensuring the team is hitting the KPIs set for each survey, while ensuring the achievement of important indicators.
- Survey Preparation – Design quantitative data collection tools and analysis plans
- Survey Execution – Quality control and management of the data collection processes including, identify strengths and weakness in data collection and suggest improvements, spot-check Field Supervisor, back-check process, ensure quality data and flag any signs of falsification or fraud, and lead general survey corrections and field follow up on errors.
- Survey Analysis – Conduct data analysis and draw both early and final conclusions from the incoming data. Understanding when and how to use statistics to arrive at an answer.
- Report: Share results and relevant recommendations in a structured and concise format to the Zambia Steering Committee (Leadership Team), Impact Working Group and the Field Operations Team.
- Harvest report LR2020: You will look at the trends of yields for both OAF and Control Farmers for Maize and Soya fields and compare values from the previous years
- Planting Compliance LR2020: You will look at the planting practices by farmers and make a dashboard for the results
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years academic or professional experience in field-based MEL or rural data collection, designing and implementing evaluations or research, and analyzing findings.
- Masters in International Relations, Public Policy, Statistics or related field preferred but not strictly required
- Ability to coordinate and keep many different work streams on track
- Academic or professional experience designing and implementing evaluations/research and analyzing findings
- Experience working with statistical software (STATA preferred)
- Leadership experience at work or outside of work.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Zambia
12th April 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
To apply for this job please visit oneacrefund.org .