Deadline of this Job:
09 September 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Subgrants Manager
Job Type: Full- Time
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Supervisor: Finance and Administration manager
Internews is an international non-profit organization dedicated to giving people the news and information they need, the ability to connect, and the means to make their voices heard. Since its formation in 1982, Internews has worked in more than 100 countries worldwide. Working in Sub-Saharan Africa since 1998, Internews currently has offices and projects throughout the region with its regional office in Nairobi. Internews USAID-funded Open Spaces Zambia project seeks to support an open, inclusive environment in which media and civil society provide accurate and impartial information that promotes participation, inclusion, and accountability.
The Subgrants Manager provides administrative, programmatic, and technical support to subgrants as well as manages competitive funding mechanism at the country level. This position will work under the supervision of the Program Manager and in close collaboration with Internews Regional and HQ Subgrants Team.
Description of Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and release Request for Applications (RFA), including drafting and distributing the RFA, supervising the selection process, and notifying applicants of the results.
• Oversee the award process, in close collaboration with Internews HQ subgrants team and programmatic staff.
• Draft award agreements and modifications, and work with successful applicants to ensure agreements are well understood and appropriate for their project and capacity.
• Work with subrecipients to finalize budgets, implementation plans, and M&E plans.
• Conduct subgrant budget analysis and review budgets for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to internal financial requirements.
• Conduct needs assessments and capacity assessments of subrecipients, where appropriate.
• Identify technical support for partner(s) to ensure programmatic capacity building and activities are properly implemented, and adequate training is received.
• Provide monitoring and oversight on subgrants, including financial tracking and progress toward deliverables.
• Maintain subrecipient activity tracking schedules for project development, field reports, site visits, and follow-up communications with funders.
• Review and track subgrant financial reporting; Investigate financial discrepancies or deficiencies.
• Conduct site visits and desk audits of select subgrants
• Ensure compliance with Internews and USAID rules and regulations
• Liaise closely with Regional team and HQ subgrants team in Arcata, California.
• Serve as point of contact for subgrant Audit issues.
• May perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
• At least 3 years of grants coordination/monitoring experience, strong USAID grant management experience preferred.
• University degree in finance, administration, international relations, development or related field
• Understanding of and experience with the administration of USAID grants, cooperative agreements and contracts.
• Excellent analytic and financial management skills.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
• Excellent Information technology skills (including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and project management systems).
• Ability to multi-task and proven organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
• Experience with administrative systems of international NGOs required.
• Skilled in cooperative resolution of problems.
• Practical experience in establishing and operating participatory training programs.
• Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible.
• Ability to travel within and spend extended time in the field.
• Zambian nationality required. Female candidates encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Write a short cover letter that includes your telephone number and email.
• Include your CV
• This position is for Zambian nationals only. Qualified and experienced Zambian female applicants are encouraged to apply.
• Email your application to [email protected] stating the name of the position in the subject line.
• Applications must be received by September 9, 2021.