For a Solid Waste Characterization assignment in Zambia funded by the World Bank. Part time over a period of 12 months. Some time in consultant’s home office and some time in Zambia. See Terms of Reference for overall assignment attached.
K1. Waste Management Expert: (Team Leader):
The project leader must be a professional in the environmental field with at least 20 years of experience and at least a post graduate qualification in a field relating to environmental and sustainable development. She/he must have experience in strengthening waste management policy and practices. She/he must have experience of developing DPR, conducting waste characterization and baseline study, developing protocol and guidelines and conducting training programmes on waste management. He/she shall have;
· Minimum MSc. in Chemicals Management, Waste Management, Environment / Natural Resources Management, Engineering, or related studies
· Proven experience in conducting Waste Management (WM) baseline assessment, preparing and implementing technical and financially viable WM approach including 3R principles.
· Documented Knowledge and/or experience with management of POPs pollution is an asset.
· Experience of working in developing countries, specifically with regulatory or research institution, will be an added advantage.
· Experience with climate change mitigation, especially related to waste management in developing countries;
· Proficient in report writing and communication in English;
K2. Waste Characterization/Surveys Expert:
This expert shall have a minimum MSc. in Chemicals Management, Waste Management, Environment / Natural Resources Management, Engineering, or related studies, with;
· At least 15 years of experience in developing methodology & guidelines and capacity building in environment and waste management, including e-waste and hazardous waste.
· She/he must have experience of developing protocol and guidelines and conducting training programs on waste management.
· She/he must have extensive experience of working in Africa, especially on capacity building. Experience of working in Zambia, specifically with ZEMA, will be an added advantage.
Only applicants considered a strong fit for the assignment will be contacted.