The Bantwana Initiative of World Education, Inc. (WEI/B) (www.bantwana.org) is seeking a full-time experienced monitoring and evaluation specialist with substantial research experience for an anticipated two-year pilot project to prevent and reduce school-related gender-based violence (SRGBV) in partnership with the Ministry of General Education (MOGE) Keeping Girls in School program.
The project is designed to address SRGBV through a two-pronged approach that:
- Supports and empowers students through a club-based model in approximately 60 schools in 2 – 3 districts; and
- Builds SRGBV prevention knowledge and skills among teachers as well as school communities/parents.
The RME Specialist will be responsible for managing data collection and analysis and for developing the learning agenda of the pilot in collaboration with the Program Team Lead and other staff. The RME Specialist will oversee standard M&E functions, including establishing and maintaining routine monitoring systems at project and school level, collating and analyzing data, presenting findings to program management, and building the M&E competencies of local government staff. The RME Specialist will also be responsible for designing/overseeing quasi-experimental research that compares implementation of two slightly differentiated models and reporting on their impact. As part of a small project core team, the RME Specialist will report to the Program Team Lead and coordinate closely with program staff including Safe Schools and GBV specialists and trainers, as well as home office staff and regional consultants. S/he will be responsible for drafting required quarterly reports as well as technical documentation and briefs about program innovations, performance, and impact.
Qualifications, Experience, and Key Competencies Required:
- First degree required. Masters and qualifications in research, M&E preferred.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of substantial monitoring and evaluation experience, preferably in the education and/or social services or child protection sectors
- Proficient in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and relevant software and data analysis applications
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and presentation and report writing skills
- Knowledge and experience of international and other donor programs and practices desirable
- Excellent communication skills in English and at least one local language
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to the email below: