Monitoring & Evaluation Data Analyst SC6
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in Statistics, Monitoring, and Evaluation, Mathematics, Sociology, Social Development, Development Economics or Performance Management or other relevant fields.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Head of M&E Unit, the incumbent will play a key role in undertaking a timely analysis of monitoring and evaluation data to support WFP generate quality evidence on the outcomes and effects of WFP’s food assistance, resilience and capacity-strengthening activities on the lives of beneficiaries with which to inform operational decision making and strategic reorientation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Participate in the development of methodologies for studies and monitoring of WFP’s programmes and food security in Zambia;
- Participate in the technical coordination of monitoring and evaluation surveys for all program activities, sampling, collection and take a lead role in the statistical analysis of data for all surveys conducted in WFP Zambia;
- Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions and to enhance WFPs ability to demonstrate outcome-focused results;
- Contribute to the production of regular reports on the analysis of outcome and impact indicators for WFP’s programmes and changing trends over time to guide the planning and programming process of WFP’s interventions;
- Prepare and participate in the design of survey questionnaires and, harmonize and codify data entry forms;
- Develop and update survey tools on ODK, ONA, MODA, etc. and other platforms to facilitate data collection on tablets/smartphones;
- Train WFP staff, Government partners in the use of data with specialized software (SPSS, STATA, R, etc.);
- Maintain a functional database for Monitoring and Evaluation related to indicators of food and nutrition security and general WFP corporate reporting requirements;
- Perform other tasks as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyze and translate M&E numerical data to show WFP’s outcomes and impact against the objectives;
- Ability to explain WFP projects and operations to counterparts and to communicate with Government and partners clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing; General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations, and procedures
- Good quantitative and qualitative analysis skills;
- Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with colleagues
- Knowledge of visualization software such as Tableau is an asset
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Minimum 4 years post-graduate professional experience in statistical analysis, econometrics, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- Proficiency with basic statistical techniques, e.g., SPSS, STATA, R, etc. IS A MUST.
- Research experience using a variety of analytical tools and methods for causality analysis.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
28th February 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu .